Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jap Eviqualent of Cartell/HPI check

Options
  • 12-07-2007 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Looking at a jap import - but is a private sale. I have the orignal Jap reg number. Is there an equivalent to cartell or hpi where I can check it out????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If there is, i've never heard of it. Does the car still have its service history? Personally, i'd assume any Japanese import to be clocked and buy on condition alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think if the car is bought from an auction, the mileage at the time is recorded on the auction slip.

Most Jap imports arrive here on the docks with around 50k kilometers on the clock no matter how old the vehicle is. The guy on the boat seems to have little or no imagination!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭gbh

In an ideal world rubyred, Japanese cars would have verifiable mileage...because you are saving money on an Irish car and because the cars are more difficult to find in Ireland, you just have to look past the mileage. As previous poster said, look at the condition.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I thought Jap. cars have a max. mileage beyond which they cannot be used in Japan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Why would this be the case? Are there no clapped out yokes with 200k KM running around in Toyko?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Cars going through the auctions in japan have the mileage checked. if the mileage cannot be verified it is stated on the auction sheet.
    if you have a broker buying the car for you get him to confirm the mileage. if the car is in ireland ask to see the auction sheet/link to website it was bought from.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I thought Jap. cars have a max. mileage beyond which they cannot be used in Japan.
    I think (although i'm not sure) that the Japanese have such strict emissions regs that cars become incapable of passing them after relatively low mileages. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me either, but I do recall having read it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

sundodger5 wrote:
    . if the car is in ireland ask to see the auction sheet/link to website it was bought from.

that wouldnt work if the seller had bought it off a delaer who imported the cars in and the seller didnt buy them himself in japan

Advertisement