Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus Development

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

what?! no UCD monorail?! crap.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Don't forget you'll be paying to use those multi-storeys and no it won't be as good value as Dundrum! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Well Im already paying for a New Student center

I would slap a levy on L&H and a few others who will use this 'debating chamber' to pay for it.

A swimming pool would be good value as long as the pay per visit charge isn't extortionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Bye the time all this is completed, we will all be long gone as students. All going to plan ill have a phd by then. Anway personally, id rather see better public transport to UCD in the short term

• Advertisement

Exactly! For example apart from the unreliable 17, it was only for a while when Dundrum Town Centre ran their own bus to and from that place that there was any decent transport towards Dundrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Red Alert wrote:
    They have some cheek to put in what is essentially a fisher-price house of lords at great cost to the rest of us to satisfy the hacks in the SU. Definitely not worth my money..

I've clarified this point before...

The SU had no official position on the Student Centre referendum. Some individual officers (me, for example) took part in the No campaign against it.

The only people I saw lecture addressing in favour of it were members of Lawsoc/L&H as opposed to people you'd probably consider SU 'hacks'.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Even if this will be beneficial in the long run, what the hell are we gonna do while they're building it? For something this big to go ahead, is gonna mean a lot more building sites and builders on campus than there is at present. That will be in a word, unpleasant.

I was handed a budget-travel-esque leaflet about it by a girl who claimed to be 'from the SU campaign'.

Obviously I didn't probe any further so she evidently wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Red Alert wrote:
    I was handed a budget-travel-esque leaflet about it by a girl who claimed to be 'from the SU campaign'.

Obviously I didn't probe any further so she evidently wasn't.

The most she could have been was a mere member of the SU (like everyone else) because the SU didn't take a position or endorse either the No or Yes campaigns (a point of frustration in itself, I might add..)

But we digress...Boo to the new Student Centre..glad I don't have to pay the levy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement