Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AFT application - settings for SE W800i ?

• 12-07-2007 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

hi

firstly, apoligies for starting a separate thread to the existing AFT thread - but it has got so large and i really could not find the answer i was looking for.

i rang meteor and they have activated internet APN on my account (not WAP GPRS APN).

however, i cannot get the profile setup correctly on my SE W800i.

i was trying to setup the following setting:

ISP GPRS
    Profile Name: Meteor ISP
    Connection Type: GPRS
    APN: isp.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: isp (if not isp, then meteor).
    IP and DNS are supplied on connection.

however, i go not get offered GPRS as my connection type, nor APN, nor username/password.

can somebody please help ?

--laoisfan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ii've tried a few times and have never been able to get the isp apn working on a sony ericsson. apparently its not compatible with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

got the apn working, i tried to send a message but got the following:

"Message Sent. You have <h1>Bad Request (Invalid Header Name)</h1> message left".

i logged onto mymeteor about 30mins later and i was charge €0.01 for internet access, but yet message was not sent. also my webtext message count did not decrease by 1 (i made a note of it before i tried to send using AFT).

anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've never been able to get ISP set up properly on a Sony Ericsson. It's the reason why I no longer use them as I want to be able to access my Gmail.

yeah but i do recall somebody on here got SE W810i working, the SE W810i is not that much different from the SE W800i.

i am searching through the main AFT thread now....pretty long...people have seen that header error but so far no one has offered a solution.

anyone recall how to fix the header problem?

i have tried re-installing it too. AFT version is 1.2

• Advertisement

still getting "Message Sent. You have <h1>Bad Request (Invalid Header Name)</h1> message left" when I try to send a msg. meteor charge me €0.01 for internet access but webtext count remains the same.

my settings are as follows:

(SE W800i)
    Menu -> Settings -> Connectivity -> Data Comm -> Data Accounts (I created a new account with the following settings)

Account Name: Meteor ISP
    APN: isp.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: isp
    Login request: Off
    Allow Calls: Automatic
    IP Address: <provided by meteor when connected>
    DNS: <provided by meteor when connected>
    Authentication: The following were checked by default when creating the account (None, PAP & CHAP)
    Data Compression: Off
    Header Compression: Off

Then for my Internet Settings...

Menu -> Settings -> Connectivity -> Internet Settings -> Internet Profiles ( created a new profile).

Name: Meteor ISP (I used the same name as the account created in Data Accounts).
    Connect using: Meteor ISP (this is the account created in Data Accounts)
    Internet Mode: HTTP
    Use Proxy: No

Finally, my settings for java...

Menu -> Settings -> Connectivity -> Settings for Java
    Internet Profile: Meteor ISP

that is it. does anybody know what the problem could be ? I have deleted the application twice and re-installed but still the same error mentioned above. as i already said, meteor charge me €0.01 for internet access so this would imply my internet APN is active. but my webtext count remains the same and the msg is not sent.

PLEASE HELP!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Try enabling just PAP Authentication as that's what Meteor use. Again, as I said, I had nothing but trouble with it. It worked for about half an hour then stopped for no apparent reason.

Advertisement