Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build upgrade.

Options
  • 12-07-2007 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

So this is going to be the last upgrade till about christmas, ive spent way too much money on this computer the last couple of months so im taking a need break till around christmas time where I plan to add a 30" dell(or other) monitor and another GTX for SLI.

So heres the latest upgrade,

2GB OCZ sli Ram making 4GB in total

and

Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme

I also got a fan controller and vista 64bit but there uninteresting so I wont bother putting them in.

Here are some phictiúrlann(that irish right?) in no particular order haha :)

Picture008-2.jpg
    Picture002-1.jpg
    Picture001-1.jpg

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

what are your temps like with that extreme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Whats the noise like that with the PSU as the bottom of the case ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

@ L31mr0d

There kinda weird, like when I 1st put on the computer they will stay at 21 - 23 until I start doing something like playing a game, then they seem to stay on 29 - 30

Thats at 3.2Ghz

@ 8T8

I replaced all the fans in the case with quieter ones, I think the psu is the loudest, but its still very quiet now compared to what it was with the antec fans..

I dunno if its my overclock on the CPU or the extra ram and 64 XP I seem to be getting frequent crashes ive gotten 2 this morning after I put the CPU up to 3.3Ghz

So its gone back down to 3.2Ghz hoping for no crashes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

DeafVision wrote:
    @ L31mr0d

There kinda weird, like when I 1st put on the computer they will stay at 21 - 23 until I start doing something like playing a game, then they seem to stay on 29 - 30

Thats at 3.2Ghz

@ 8T8

I replaced all the fans in the case with quieter ones, I think the psu is the loudest, but its still very quiet now compared to what it was with the antec fans..

I dunno if its my overclock on the CPU or the extra ram and 64 XP I seem to be getting frequent crashes ive gotten 2 this morning after I put the CPU up to 3.3Ghz

So its gone back down to 3.2Ghz hoping for no crashes :)

how about doing a 12hour orthos :p

also lets see what ya can get upta 1.5 :D (i would say around 3.5/6)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Deaf, sounds like you got a good one, can u get some idle temps after say an hour please? Mine sit at 32/33C @ stock 2.4GHz with a scythe 1200rpm!! Really annoying. I also have an amber as my exhaust fan, and a front antec fan sucking in more air which I haven't used since I got the case. Theoretically, my air flow is fine, looks like I just have to wait for my lapping kit to arrive :(.

• Advertisement

Ive had the PC on all day now and my idle temps are 28 - 29... They were 21 - 22 when I 1st put on the computer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

how are those amber fans for quietness/etc?

doing an upgrade soon myself.. new case*/tuniq tower 120/hdd's to add etc etc...

*case = coolermaster stacker 832 ;)

how are those amber fans for quietness/etc?

doing an upgrade soon myself.. new case*/tuniq tower 120/hdd's to add etc etc...

*case = coolermaster stacker 832 ;)

There actually very quiet, alot quieter than the antec ones that came with it!

Advertisement