Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced

Options
  • 12-07-2007 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

As it was foretold, so it has come to pass: another S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game is in the works. Called S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, it's a prologue to the first game, set just as the first Stalkers were making contact with the Zone. With a clean slate and the experience gained from the first game, this should hopefully be as great as the game's press release, which suggests the player "brings about a cataclysm on the brink of a catastrophe".

medium_781232982_38bddd387d_o.jpg
    medium_781233024_a9b661a1ae_o.jpg
    medium_781233040_b20d052626_o.jpg
    medium_781233060_41752848ef_o.jpg

http://kotaku.com/gaming/prequel-rage/stalker-2-announced-277512.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Due for release 23/05/2014 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Sweet! Im really getting into the First game now and enjoying it so ill be looking forward to this. I wonder if this time round they will implement the RPG elements into it which they left out in the first game.#

Looks good, but what kind of delays can we expect this time around:D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Experienced stalkers and newbies! Get ready for the new challenges in the exclusion zone in Q1 2008.
    Not that far away. Provisionally of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

lets hope it runs better than stalker 1 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

0ubliette wrote:
    lets hope it runs better than stalker 1 :rolleyes:

Amen to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Already!?! The 1st one ain't even out 4 months!! I installed the 1st one and I was hugely disappointed! "Like Oblivion with guns" my ass! Consists of nothing more of "run 50 miles this way, grab something, run back, here's some money" and it feels like Soldier of Fortune 2.5 (graphic wise) It offers absolutely nothing new, the hype made it out to be too fantastic.

Thank God I didn't buy the thing or I'd be sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

"Like Oblivion with guns" my ass! Consists of nothing more of "run 50 miles this way, grab something, run back, here's some money"

Yes.....Like Oblivion.....with guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Sand wrote:
    Yes.....Like Oblivion.....with guns.

Meh, that's what I used to read everywhere (PCZONE, Gamespot). It sounded like a cool idea cuz I was mad into Oblivion at the time but, oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Meh, that's what I used to read everywhere (PCZONE, Gamespot). It sounded like a cool idea cuz I was mad into Oblivion at the time but, oh well!

I was stressing the concept of "Go here and kill/take this and come back and i will give you some crap" isnt exactly unknown in Oblivion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Sweet, first one was only a tiny bit of a letdown for me, and that was on the way it ran side. This should be fun though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

more of a good thing can't be all bad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I want to see guitar DUETS around the campfires this time round!

But yeah, Stalker's grown on me enough to want more. The setting has a lot of potential, I hope they use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

neGev wrote:
    After looking a bit more, this kinda looks more like an expansion pack than a full new game. Maybe standalone?

Well there's still a crap load of stuff in amongst the game files that that aren't used or just missing a file or two, and none of it's been officially released yet.
    My guess is it'll inlcude the other areas around the play area that are locked off, the usual "before" type thing and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I remember ooogling over the original when i saw it somtime around 200(or mabey before that :O )in cvg magazine. By the time it came out the gfx didnt impress. Was going to buy it but i heard so many things about patches and running problems i steered clear untill they released a fix all patch, anyone know if theyve managed this yet so i can check it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Duggy747 wrote:
    Consists of nothing more of "run 50 miles this way, grab something, run back, here's some money"
    Oh? I just ran to my objective, killing everything in the way. Could be the reason why I got stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Patricide wrote:
    I remember ooogling over the original when i saw it somtime around 200(or mabey before that :O )in cvg magazine. By the time it came out the gfx didnt impress. Was going to buy it but i heard so many things about patches and running problems i steered clear untill they released a fix all patch, anyone know if theyve managed this yet so i can check it out?

Yeah, the graphics arent exactly amazing but I think the atmosphere and the sound make up for that.
    It chews up my machine though, and its the reason I recently upgraded to 2 gigs of RAM.
    Stalker is a very good game tbh. Not the best ever, but good all the same.
    Roll on Stalker: clear sky:)

Advertisement