Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill 5

Options
  • 12-07-2007 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭

I was hoping to see more of this at E3, unfortunately EGM got the exclusive so no footage was shown (no trailer either), only a teaser:

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/12863

Akira Yamaoka will still be doing the music so that's good.... But here comes the real news....

Until today I was under the impression that Team Silent were making Silent Hill 5. The PSP game was being outsourced, and they were working on the next proper sequel.

Guess again :mad:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/e307/silent-hill-v-first-screens-developer-named-277532.php

"Following Konami's E3 2007 press conference, in which the above Silent Hill V teaser (with the emphasis on tease) was shown, I followed up with Konami executives about the game's development. Silent Hill V won't be developed at Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo, it will—like Silent Hill Origins on PSP—come from a Western developer.

The Collective, responsible for games such as Marc Ecko's Getting Up and Buffy The Vampire Slayer, will be at the helm of the classic horror franchise's fifth outing. "

What. The. Fuck.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ohh, they made such classics as Buffy and Mark Ecko's Getting up!! This is gonne be good. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Let's not forget the DaVinci Code game, SWIII: Revenge of the Sith and The Game Of Life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

The fact I never knew such games existed worries me that this installment is doomed from the get go. I'l be hard pushed to be optimistic about this in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well, they're hardly going to be writing it. They may (hopefully) just be taking care of the game engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I would imagine that the original team behind it didn't want to make another one, but the studio are pushing for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Terrible news :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I'll wait until it's out a while and if the reviews suggest it's near enough as creepy and atmospheric as the first three I'll buy it. I loved those games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hopefully itll be good. didnt really like silent hill 4.

on a lighter note.... if anyone has silent hill 1 or 3 they want to sell pm me :p

Advertisement