Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Refused Insurance

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Tauren wrote:
    If you are already insured with them on another car, and you bought the MR2, they HAVE to provide you with a quote.
    I'm with Quinn Direct now, and my policy is being renewed next month.. but they will not insure me in another car saying it is too big and I am too young... Does this mean they must quote me now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

jank wrote:
    OK im 26, 5 years no claim and going on 7 years as a full license holder.

Was surprised when they said they couldnt help me out,

have you had a previous claim or conviction because Quinn are quoting their website with those driver details €710 fully comp for a 2000 reg MR2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Del2005 wrote:
    Sorry for going OT here. But say if I was driving someone else car with my 3rd party extension cover and they where in the car with me. If we where in a crash would my 3rd party cover the 3rd party and their fully comp cover their car?

If you were the cause of the crash then it would all come from your insurance. You would be stuck with the costs from the car you were driving third party.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

Stephen wrote:
    If you were the cause of the crash then it would all come from your insurance. You would be stuck with the costs from the car you were driving third party.

It Varies from company to company, some companies, and I know this for a fact, will do a 50/50 payout.

My advice to everyone with regards DOC is to check with your own insurance company, they all vary. You'd be amazed by the amount of effort the Shades will go through to get a driver cought out, if you are not properly covered you are done for no Insurance, off the road for 2yrs, Endorsment, Fine and a nightmare for 10 yrs trying to get insurance after that.

Advertisement