Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Broadband - failed Credit check

Options
  • 12-07-2007 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

About a month ago I signed up for the new 19.99 BB offer from three. Within minutes I had an email back stating that I had failed Three's credit check. They advised that I should contact Experian (www.experian.ie) if I wished to discover why (under the data protection act). Experian are the consumer credit reference bureau used by businesses etc to check credit ratings / references.

I subsequently sent Experian a request for disclosure of any data held about me. I gave them my current and previous address and date of birth as well as my phone number.

Experian have written back and their credit checks returned null. I emailed them to ask why they did not run a CC on my DOB, they said that this was standard practice and then stated that regardless, they had no data whatsoever on me.

I have appealed to Three's Credit people but never heard anything back.

What can I do now ?
    Why did this happen in the first place ?
    Anyone else have similar experiences ?

Many thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Try ordering the 3 broadband modem through perlico at www.perlico.ie

And let me us know how it goes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I failed the credit check when I tried to do it over the phone with them. Then I complained and spoke to manager. He approved to let me have it. I cancelled that order because it took them too long to deliver. Went into a shop and did the same credit check and passed.

If you ask me the people in the call centre are putting the wrong info in and it's failing you because of that.
    X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

KStaford wrote:
    What can I do now ?
    Go into a 3 shop and try get it there. All you need is a recent bank statement and a photo ID and you should be able to walk away with the modem.

Failing that, try O2 or Vodafone.
    Why did this happen in the first place ?
    Incompetence/laziness/stupidity on someone's behalf in entering your details perhaps?[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

Try ordering the 3 broadband modem through perlico at www.perlico.ie

And let me us know how it goes. :)

I filled out the application form online and immediately got an email that says
    "We are delighted to confirm the details of your order placed on www.perlico.com"
    It goes on to list the order details etc.

AFAICS - This is just a confirmation that I have placed an order, it is not a confirmation that the order is accepted. Also it does not qoute my reference number which I did not save. This all happened about 9am, (nearly three hours ago) and I have received nothing since.

So I am unsure if they have accepted my order or not. Also they do not mention the 14 day trial period anywhere that I could see. Does this still apply with perlico?

Many thanks

K

Advertisement