Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardy Rock, Balbriggan

• 12-07-2007 12:34pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am need to contact the managment Company for Cardy Rock estate URGENTLY.

here's why:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055120032

Tried ringing the contact number I got from Fingal CC, voicemail, no return call yet.

Cheers

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Rooshter

Does the car work, i.e. start up and go? If so, how do you know it wasn't just robbed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Was it taxed and did it have number plates on it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you own the house then it should be on the bills that they send you,if you don't then ask your landlord.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

In response to all of the above, I don't think it was robbed as there was another car that was abandoned beside it gone, it wasn't taxed as it was not on the road so no need and it had plates on it.

they/them/theirs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Moonbeam wrote:
    If you own the house then it should be on the bills that they send you,if you don't then ask your landlord.

I don't get bills from them and I am my own landlord.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

In response to all of the above, I don't think it was robbed as there was another car that was abandoned beside it gone, it wasn't taxed as it was not on the road so no need and it had plates on it.

The communal space in question is presumably a public place, i.e not private property therefore it should have been taxed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭dubmick

and in fairness it is not your private garage, you shouldn't have left it there for two months.

dont think it can be removed if you have plates on it. i've tried to get rid of a car in my area which has more or less been abandoned, it has no tax but the plates are still on it so nobody will touch it.

sirpsycho wrote:
    dont think it can be removed if you have plates on it.

It can.

Please explain how and i'll get on the case!

• Advertisement

ring the police?

they dont wanna know about it, it's still registered to someone so they wont touch it.

they moved a car on my street for me but that had an english reg

sirpsycho wrote:

Just explain to them how you saw a few kids attempting to burn it out one night and you had to run them.

Car will soon be moved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

sirpsycho wrote:

just ring fingal co co and tell them that the car is abondoned. I did it with a car in my estate and they moved it in a couple of weeks.
    Fingal Co. Co. Car Removal Service

The Council provides a service whereby they can dispose of unwanted car for a fee of €50. Fingal Co. Co. also remove abandoned cars at the request of the public.

To obtain this service or to report an abandoned car please ring the department at: 01-8906287 / 8906289

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/LivingInFingal/WasteManagementandRecycling/Litter/CarRemoval/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

County Council will not deal with it if the Estate isn't taken in charge and has a Management Company. Knock on a few doors and find out who your Management Committee are - they will know how to contact the Management Co.

To be honest I don't think its fair to leave an unused car in a communal parking space for 2 months - how much longer did you intend leaving it there. It is hard enough finding spaces for people who use their cars.

Advertisement