Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY fitting new bosh washing machine

Options
  • 12-07-2007 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

hi,
    i bought bosh washing machine i can DIY but just want to make sure i m doing right thing.
    in back of machine there are about 4 screws need to be removed as per instructions, but is there anything else i have to check or thing i m missing???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I'm sorry, but I think that this seriously needs you to read the manual which came with the unit.
    If we don't advise you to remove a crucial item such as a stabilising screw or such - we could be liable for the damage...

Do you agree?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

wasim21k wrote:
    hi,
    i bought bosh washing machine i can DIY but just want to make sure i m doing right thing.
    in back of machine there are about 4 screws need to be removed as per instructions, but is there anything else i have to check or thing i m missing???

there is usually quite a bit more than just 4 screws, as the last poster said why don't you read the instructions that came with the machine? they don't print them for fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

well thanks for reply and on that paper there are only 4 of them which is on back side. just wanted to know may be some fo you guys have any experience with this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

wasim21k wrote:
    well thanks for reply and on that paper there are only 4 of them which is on back side. just wanted to know may be some fo you guys have any experience with this.
    well if instructions only say 4 that must be it. Usually there is something to stop the drum from rocking around while in transit. Does the drum spin freely now, if you spin it by hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

even all screws in place i still can move drum, (thats what i thought that if its only these screw then it mean drum should move but it moves fine.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

I plumbed in both mine and my outlaws and there were only 4 big screws with red plastic surrounds. I had to twist and pull out the 4 screws with the plastic bits thats all I had to do, Appt from the hot and cold pipes.

regards
    Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

wasim21k wrote:
    even all screws in place i still can move drum, (thats what i thought that if its only these screw then it mean drum should move but it moves fine.)
    When the transport screws are still in, the drum will usually still rotate, but will not move around along any of the other axes. The drums are usually mounted internally on springs and shock absorbers, and if the machine was transported without the transport screws to lock it into place it would bounce about all over the place and probably cause internal damage, that's why they're there.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

What Alun said is correct.

With the bolts out, you should now be able to rock the drum.

On some machines, particularly from Electrolux group, there is aeroboard stuck up the sides of the drum too. The aeroboard is in a long plastic bag, which is taped to sides of machine - you've to yank the bag, which takes the aeroboard with it.

I've not witnessed the aeroboard in Siemens machines, so would expect Bosch to be similar.

Advertisement