Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant get insured on my T25!

• 12-07-2007 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi, Im 21, provisional license (working on getting the full one!) been a named driver for a year, no points/crash/anything.
    And also the proud owner of a T25 which nobody will insure me on!

What can I do? Or does anybody know of anywhere that will insure young camper drivers?
    Or even if it got insured as a commercial or something...

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭folkswagen

I think this is a very common problem - in our club most folk use Dolmen for camper insurance and we have a good scheme for classic car insurance but does not include campers!

The age if the driver is usually the problem - being young is your only problem! I don't know of a way around it -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Is this your only vehicle?
    In that case you won't get special camper insurance anyway, as they all currently only insure campers as second vehicles, regardless of age.

If you have to insure your camper as your sole vehicle, try asking for insurance for a "Caravelle" ...that way they may at least find it on their database. Had to do the same thing when they wouldn't want to know my "Transporter".

But other than ringing everyone you can think of and then some more and do some begging and pleading on your hands and knees, there's no better advice that I can think of at the moment.

I may help to argue your point.

Send them a few picures of your (hopefully nice and tight) van, explain that it has a woefully slow little engine and that therefore you'll be posing much, much less of a risk than any other young driver in a souped up fast-ish car.

Somebody may just listen to you ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Z

cheers I will look into it!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 The Terror

peasant wrote:
    they all currently only insure campers as second vehicles, regardless of age.

This is not true. You can insure a camper as a daily driver/only vehicle through Dolmens. They charge you double the premium that's all - around €600 in total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭folkswagen

yep that is what I understood too:)

Good to know, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 42 peteretep

i was in the same boat except i have a full license. my dad got the van insured in his name and im now a named driver. with stuart insurances.
    but i think you may need to have a license for 3 years or something so you might have a problem there too.

Advertisement