Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Used x360

• 12-07-2007 1:26pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, so i'm getting a 360 from someone on Adverts.ie tonight, and i was wondering if anything needs to be done to it for me to use it. Do i have to register the console or anything? And can i clear (format) the hard-drive to clear any data that was already on it?

I'll be subscribing (freely is thats possible) to Live tomorrow, so i can play Rainbow Six. Is that just a regular type subscription (i.e. fill in form, pay money etc...) I cant check most Microsoft sites, as i'm in work :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

To play games online you will need a Gold membership which can be purchased online. No need to format it - you can just delete the old account and the associated game saves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

There is an option under the settings tab to restore the settings to Factory Default. Not sure if there is a format option, haven't looked for it but you can delete individual items. If there is a format option I would imagine you would lose all the themes, pics and hexic game that come pre-loaded. As for saves these are either stored under the games folder or in your profile. You can delete old profiles. Anyway once you set up your own profile you start all games from scratch.

As regards Live, once you create your gamertag on Live you will have a silver account. You can do almost everything except play games against other people, this requires a gold account which costs ~€50. Not sure what happens regarding the console registration as the previous user may have already registered it.

Also, you should make sure that the user hasn't modded the console as most of them are now banned from Live plus you should also try and get a receipt for proof of purchase as MS are now offering a 3 years warranty from date of purchase against get the 3 red rings.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ok, i already created a GamerTag (Surprised i got the name i wanted) on Gamertag.com (assuming thats the right site) so i have a silver membership to Live now? And i will just delete the profile when i get it. It hasnt been modded, and i will have the original reciept.

I will sign up to a Gold membership once i get Vegas. Any other recommendations for good Live play? (at least until Ace Combat comes out)

Kiith wrote:
    Ok, i already created a GamerTag (Surprised i got the name i wanted) on Gamertag.com (assuming thats the right site) so i have a silver membership to Live now? And i will just delete the profile when i get it. It hasnt been modded, and i will have the original reciept.

I will sign up to a Gold membership once i get Vegas. Any other recommendations for good Live play? (at least until Ace Combat comes out)

No, xbox.com is where you need to setup your gamertag. Once you have it setup there then when you get the xbox use the recover option to get your gamertag instead of creating a new one.

Under the memory tab their is a folder for profiles. You can delete all the old ones. You can also clear stuff from the games folder that you don't want like old games that the previous user has played.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can an xbox have multiple gamertags associated with it? Its just i used my username (Kiith) on a friends xbox, so does that create a gamertag with that name, or is that just a profile?

Cause i really hate having to come up with ****(er) names.

• Advertisement

Yes it can have multiple gamertags, I've no idea what the limit is.

Regarding the gamertag on your friends xbox, did you just create an account or did you create it and register it with xbox live?
    If you did the 2nd then you can recover this gamertag on your xbox, otherwise create it new. Another option would be to create it on xbox.com and then recover it on your xbox.

Edit: That's assuming no one else has registered this gamertag!

Advertisement