Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lovebox - Malahide Castle

• 12-07-2007 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

POD CONCERTS presents:

LOVEBOX DUBLIN by BACARDI

Saturday July 21st
    Malahide Castle, Dublin

Tickets E79.50 from usual outlets on sale 9am Wednesday May 2nd

Strictly Over 18's
    Gates 1pm
    www.lovebox.ie

Subject to Licence

Groove Armada
    Super Furry Animals
    The Rapture
    Toots & the Maytals
    Just Jack
    Sasha
    Jape

Blackstrobe Live
    Evil Nine
    Spirit Catcher
    Rapture DJ set
    Kissy Sellout
    515 DJs
    Deadbots
    Dancepig
    Hystereo
    Japanese Popstars
    Sourcecode

& more to be announced

Joining GROOVE ARMADA, who will be performing tracks from their new album 'Soundboy Rock', are the Welsh wizards, the SUPER FURRY ANIMALS who bring their unique blend of psychedelic rock and electronics to the mirth of masses. From New York come THE RAPTURE, the pop-punk quartet, who are managed by U2 manager Paul McGuinness, and have been trail-blazing since their 2002 dance floor stomper 'House of the Jealous Lovers' and return to Ireland after their sold-out spring show in Tripod.

TOOTS AND THE MAYTALS, the legends of ska and reggae, will add to the chilled out atmosphere of the lush setting, while JUST JACK brings his homespun wisdom on pear-shaped relationships, the price of fame and the ups and downs of living to the party. Recent V2 signing, who counts The Raconteurs among his fans, Richie Egan aka JAPE will be the first of many, to fly to the Irish flag at LOVEBOX DUBLIN by BACARDI in the shape of his quirky and endearing sounds.

Malahide Castle, set on 250 acres of park land in the pretty seaside town of Malahide, was both a fortress and a private home for nearly eight hundred years. The Talbot family lived here from 1185 to 1973, when the last Lord Talbot died.

In the STRANGELOVE BY BURN , the monolith that is SASHA will push the decks to effect and be joined by a host of acts including a live show by BLACK STROBE, the French dance-rock four piece who had none other than eponymous Paul Epworth (Bloc Party & Maximo Park) produce their most recent album, and EVIL NINE, the experimental hip hop and electronica outfit.

SPIRIT CATCHER, the Belgian disco house duo, prove there's more than chocolates and beer to that neck of the woods and KISSY SELLOUT who have been recently found remixing Mark Ronson will be letting us in on what the bubbling fuss is about. As the sun sets (you know it has to) the RAPTURE will wipe themselves down and dip into their record box to deliver a RAPTURE DJ SET.

515 which is Ireland's premiere club night will have their DJs at the castle and a host of acts who have entertained the Friday night regulars in Tripod will be at the LOVEBOX DUBLIN by BACARDI to thrill entertain the revellers. DEADBOTS have their finger in a variety of genres its tricky to pigeonhole their sound, pulling influence from 80's synth pop,rock, disco,hip hop and techno. Irish electro producer DANCEPIG will bring vocals, FX, a smattering of synth-pop magic and an indefinable "je ne sais hog" to proceedings.

Add a breathtakingly beautiful location, a wonderfully eclectic line up and food to make the most critical gourmets mouth water and you have the ingredients for the most exciting new festival to hit the Irish event calendar this summer.

The much lauded HYSTEREO will be playing their fresh and vibrant electric house music, the JAPANESE POPSTARS, one of the most exciting electro dance acts around, will be on hand to keep everyone on their feet and dancing and SOURCE CODE who release their debut album 'Contemporary Corruption' later this year will also be in the mix.

It's early days for LOVEBOX DUBLIN by BACARDI with many more acts to be announced in the coming weeks but LOVEBOX DUBLIN by BACARDI is already brimming with the best sounds around this summer.

Anybody going?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Anybody going?

Nope for that money I could fly to a decent club in Europe, see decent DJ's and not get kicked out of the venue at 11pm-this is a complete f***ing rip off, people should boycott this crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

francois wrote:
    Nope for that money I could fly to a decent club in Europe, see decent DJ's and not get kicked out of the venue at 11pm-this is a complete f***ing rip off, people should boycott this crap
    No, no you couldn't
    Its a whole days entertainment, well worth it.
    Groove Armada doing a live set AND a DJ set is worth the 80 bucks alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

francois wrote:

eh assuming you own the plane and a chain of hotels then yeh u probably cud otherwise ur talking bollox

its 8-10 hours of entertainment............the line up is a bit cack but there are at least 5 acts i really wana see besides groove armada so that makes it will worth it

edit; for the record i will be seeing (schedule permitting) Dancepig, hystereo, sourcecode, japanese popstars,sasha and groove armada

i hear kissy sellout is class aswell as are the 515 djs but they are secondaryfor me at least

cant wait to see the layout of the castle

edit2; i wouldnt advise buying drink in there at 5euro a pop(if its the same as the other gigs in the castle) it should not be too hard to get your own in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Rip off like everything else in this country, if it was cheaper id probably go but not for that money, i went to the beach party in Portrush for a lot less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Groove Armada are pretty poor headliners for a €80+booking fee show

if I did go to it I'd only be going for SFA and The Rapture, the rest of the lineup is just too bland for a show of that price.

Anyway look at the London show - http://www.loveboxweekender.com/

way better lineup and choice for £35+bf (€52+bf) per day or £60+bf (€89+bf) for both days which hits home the scandalous rip off that is the show at Malahide.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

What about Toots and the Maytals, they'll be deadly. They're on nice and early, hopefully the sun will shine on them.
    Super furries will be deadly too. Rapture ain't bad. I won't be hangin around for Groove Armada though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

And Black Strobe. Top act. Check out their Essential Mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Groove Armada are pretty poor headliners for a €80+booking fee show

I completly disagree, they are absoloutely amazing live, Ive seen them every time theyve played dublin since 2002 and they have yet to dissapoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Ohyeah

my computer will not allow me to upload the website for some reason,

so could some kind person post up here the set times when they come avaiable, and maybe a map of the event and the stages?

also does anyone know whats the best way to get to Malahide and then back again after the gig, is there special busses into town?

saw the Rapture last year in Tripod they were excellent, might not be as good outdoors and in the bright..however I am the sort of person wheere an outdoor festival is made-destroyed by the weather!!! is there tents or are we at the mercy of the elements?

thanks.:o

I would advise getting the dart the set times for one of the tents is as follows

515LOVEBOXFLAT.jpg

ill keep an ear out for the rest. have not seen a map yet but i live right beside the castle so ill take a gander up there tonight to how things are arranged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

I was at the Love Box in Birmingham a couple of months back. The line up was way better (Groove Armada, 2 many Dj's, Deep Dish, Kalvin Harris...), and it was HALF the price of this. Also Groove Armada were rubbish, but only because they had to do a semi-live DJ set instead of their full show (Due to the promoters screwing up, but thats another story) Love Box Dublin is a complete rip-off I think.

its over at 11?! thats pathetic really, the bar prob closes at 9.30pm!!!

I take the DART will be a bit mad going back into town after the gig? especially if there is no specific busses.

why can these festivals not get later licence laws, even if they did not serve drink late surely the final act could be leaving the stage at midnight! its so annoying.

is Malahide Castle a good venue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ohyeah wrote:
    It's a field. It'll depend on the promoter tbh, but it's a field with easy enough access.

Ohyeah wrote:
    its over at 11?! thats pathetic really, the bar prob closes at 9.30pm!!!

I take the DART will be a bit mad going back into town after the gig? especially if there is no specific busses.

why can these festivals not get later licence laws, even if they did not serve drink late surely the final act could be leaving the stage at midnight! its so annoying.

malahide castle is a savage venue at least it was for arctic monkeys.........

the licence is because its a residential area. my house is about a mile away from the castle and prob two miles from the actual stage and i can hear each band clearly from my bedroom so to be honest im glad the licence is for eleven(it was 10.45 for the other gigs) also i cant think of an outdoor gig that would be on later than eleven.

the bar for arctic monkeys stayed open till 10 if i remember correctly which was roughly when arctic monkeys were doing their encore

edit; whatever about the organisation of the gigs inside the promoters did very well with clean up and stuff outside so i reckon they will try and have some sort of overnight gig/festival next eyar in the palce.......there is plenty of room for it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Acii Disco

DOUBLEHEADER.jpg

This week Acii Disco welcomes three of Irelands finest for a one off event of epic proportions - AFTER LOVE! A concept first only including Sourcecode and Hystereo we are very pleased now to add Dancepig to the line up for an supa stonkin much love DJ set. Never has such a line up been seen at the Disco and its sure to be a serious night of music from start to finish! Definatly one to go down in the Acii Disco hall of fame! Doors open from 11.00 and Admission will be a mere e12 or e10 with a student I.D or Love Box ticket stub / wrist band!

Set times look like this -

Dancepig 11.30 - 12.30
    Sourcecode 12.30 - 1.45
    Hystereo 1.45 - 3.00

We have a limited 5 double guest passes to give away this week. To win simply tell us -

Whats festival takes place this Saturday daytime in Malahide castle?

Mail all answers to acdisco@gmail.com and GOOD LUCK
    !

Also many thanks to Italian DJ MODUS for a cracking set last week, really nice warm up that lead onto an hour and a half of madness from Resident Al Keegan! The atmosphere was brilliant all night and the crowd again a pleasant bunch! Thanks to all involved!

You can view the pics here -

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aciidisco2/album?.dir=/b6f9re2&.src=ph&.tok=phB3KFHBBXbNYR3k

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭.:Who:.

Yeah!
    Bring on the LOVEBOX!

Does anyone know what time Rapture are on? R the set times for the main stage ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Toots and the maytals were deadly. Super furries were great but not on long ehough

Advertisement