Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which way should you put your tire on (rotation wise)

Options
  • 12-07-2007 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

I got a slick tyre the other week and put it on, only then to see the rotation was shown in the other direction, so I switched. There was no thread at all, so I could only imagine it might have something to do with the puncture protection it has.

I just got another tire, this one has some thread at the sides but no rotation pattern. It has different print on both sides. It is seen here.

http://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/conticycle/ti%20ultra%20gatorskin.shtml

In the picture you can see the gatorskin logo, this is only on one side, so guessing from that picture if I am sitting on the bike the logo should be on my left side. Is there anyway to tell?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

There's a rotation arrow on Gatorskins as far as I can recall, since I put on a set for someone a while ago. Was hard to spot though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

el tonto wrote:
    There's a rotation arrow on Gatorskins as far as I can recall, since I put on a set for someone a while ago. Was hard to spot though.
    Cheers! you were right. It was hard to spot alright and only on one side. What is in the picture should be on the right side, so I would have put them on wrongly.

Advertisement