Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing a laptop before going to NZ

Options
  • 12-07-2007 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

In 2.5wks I'm off to NZ for about a year and half with work.

I'm in two minds about purchasing a laptop. Would I be better off financially to buy a laptop in NZ as opposed in Ireland?

Thanks,
    A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i had the same thoughts when i moved to australia, but in the end when i looked at the specs and the prices, i actually got an upgraded asus cheaper than the closest .au version.

my personal opinion is that if you are doing your research, and you have a fair idea what you want, then if you see a good deal right now, take it.
    most electonics are cheaper in oz, like tvs and stuff, but when it comes to computers, there really doesnt seem to be a hell of a lot of difference.
    i bought mine from laptops direct on the net by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Thanks wwm. I've had a look at their website and they appear to have my perfect laptop in stock and for a good price. It looks like I'll be taking the plunge and making a purchase over here after all. :)

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭g-punkteffekt

do you work for Finneos?

Advertisement