Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

speed camera's coming here......

Options
  • 12-07-2007 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭

....well, we all know the tender is out for this contract.

However, for those about to fight, you might consider this article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/eu/story/0...ticle_continue

Note that the court held that by dint of using a vehicle, that you have acceeded to a lower 'quality of justice' by dint of defaulting you to guilty. Doesn't bold well for the camera contract out to tender here, btw........

My main gripe is with this part of the article: The court also noted that anyone who chose to own or drive a car knew that they subjected themselves to a regulatory regime imposed because the possession and use of cars was recognised to have the potential to cause grave injury.
    "Those who choose to keep and drive cars could be taken to have accepted certain responsibilities and obligations as part of the regulatory regime relating to motor vehicles, and in the legal framework of the United Kingdom those responsibilities included the obligation, in the event of suspected commission of road traffic offences, to inform the authorities of the identity.

If cameras were invented first, and were in use before motor car use, they may have a point. How they could possibly make such a ruling given that cars pre-date camera's by 100 years is, quite simply, incomprehensible.........

Next time you're afforded the opportunity to vote yes/no on an EU subject, add the loss of this right as further reason to vote No.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Does anyone know whether our cameras will be triggered by radar or laser? Or neither?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I'd imagine, Laser. No point in buying old-tech if the taxpayer will pay for shiney new toys............:rolleyes:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Link is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

try this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6251936.stm

gaurdian article was more detailed, though.....

Ode To The Motorist

Advertisement