Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Going to court for speeding

Options
  • 12-07-2007 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi,

Was stopped in Kilmacanogue ages ago for speeding by a traffic cop. I was driving my girlfriends car at the time (which I'm legally insured on) but I didn't have my licence on me. The garda asked me "Can you produce your licence at your local garda station?", I replied yes and he sent me on my way. I received the fixed charge notice the following week (there's efficiency for ya;) ) and I realised that I couldn't find my licence. I applied for a new one and paid the €80. A couple of months ago, I received a summons to Bray District Court to produce my driving licence and insurance documentation next Friday (20th July). I totally forgot to produce these after the offence. I rang up Santry garda Station and they said that it would just be a formality and that all I have to do is turn up and show the dox, the judge would ask the garda if he was satisifed and then I would be free to go.

Does anyone else have experience with this? Is it advisable that I employ a solicitor? Will my 'lost licence' be an issue?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to know what to expect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

Should be no problems, happened to me years ago, just keep in touch with the Garda you were stopped by, tell him exactly what happened, I would rather the Garda was satisfied BEFORE you get to court.

Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Yeah it'll be grand, as long as you were insured and you have documentation to prove it no hassle, you certainly don't need a solicitor.
    I had similar experience a few years ago and the garda was out to get me but all my documentation was in order and the judge said cool good luck now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dexterfletcher

Cheers for the reassurance folks!! Hopefully the 'lost' licence won't be an issue

Advertisement