Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S & B Precision Hunter

Options
  • 12-07-2007 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm interested in getting a precision hunter 4-16x50. Anybody any thoughts or input? My local dealer is telling me that they're now coming with a 34mm body not 30mm, I don't mind, I doubt this. On the S&B website they're still saying 30mm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

obviously S+B are a fantastic scope but do you really need the 16 times mag for hunting. What quarry are you going after with it

I know the above is rich coming from someone with a 12-42 scope.

If I was buying a pure hunting scope (deer and fox/lamping) it would be a hungarian S&B fixed 8x56 scope, no parrallax to be farting about with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Vegeta wrote:
    obviously S+B are a fantastic scope but do you really need the 16 times mag for hunting. What quarry are you going after with it

I know the above is rich coming from someone with a 12-42 scope.

If I was buying a pure hunting scope (deer and fox/lamping) it would be a hungarian S&B fixed 8x56 scope, no parrallax to be farting about with

It's for stalking/targets. Its to sit on a .308 sako.

A mate has one and I like it in comparison to swarovski. Some people might disagree...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Brother has one on a 220 swift, magnificant all round scope

Advertisement