Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Programs to design electronic forms

• 12-07-2007 4:40pm

I've been asked to put together a project on fileshare management for my company with regard to SOCS compliancy and I have to implement an electronic form system that is compatible with exchange 2003

Any recomendations ?
    So far I've been told to use Infopath, any body know whether it would be ideal for this or has anyone had any experiences to share?

Actually this prob suited more to here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=9
    Can someone move it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

im not familiar with exchange 2003 but if its a web type form you are trying to put together then microsoft frontpage or macromedia might be applications you could look into using.

Otherwise if its an application type form you could use visual basic, or finally you could find a computer savvy person and pay them to do the work for you, that way you get a nice looking and functionally end product that will blow your company out of the water,

also nearly forgot to mention the easiest programe of them all to make forms with check out microsoft access.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

depends on what you mean compatible
    you can do forms in outlook and store them in exchange , but it won't ever be a database
    http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mssampleapps.htm

The forms designer is built into all versions of Outlook. You can launch a design session with the Tools | Forms | Design a Form command. Alternatively, open any Outlook item in Outlook 2003 or earlier and choose Tools | Forms | Design This Form. In Outlook 2007, to design a form derived from an open item, you must first turn on the display of developer commands, and then look on the Developer tab in the ribbon for the Design This Form command.

Every form is based on existing form. The closest thing to a blank form is the post form.

Forms can have VBScript code behind them to react to user actions -- validating data, synchronizing it with databases, creating new Outlook items, etc. To add code, once you're in form design mode, click the View Code command on the toolbar or ribbon.

In an Exchange Server environment, custom forms are typically stored in the Organization Forms library, so that everyone has access to them. They can also be published directly to a folder. Personal forms are published either to a folder or to your Personal Forms library. Only published forms can run code.

If using access watch out for licensing, unless everyone has access it could be expensive.

Fileshare - as in who can see what OR is this to be a document management system OR are you looking at WorkFlow ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Ms Infopath... comes with office , and compatible with exchange....

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/infopath/FX100487661033.aspx

Who has access and what level etc and it will be linked to a database

I have a full team behind me so I just need to organise this and delegate tasks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Use Sharepoint & Infopath forms and they are fine and dandy hooking into Exchange. Also maybe take a look at MOSS 2007 and Forms Server

Because Sharepoint sits on a SQL server and the Forms can used again SQL as well you should fine. As for plugging into Exchange what type of integration are you looking for? We use a lot of the newer stuff in MOSS and have been using Infopath for quite a while for this sort of thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement