Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xclamp replacement saved my 360

• 12-07-2007 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭

Well as discussed on the "Forza killed my xbox" thread my Launch 360 started freezing after a couple of weeks of playing Forza, I knew it would be only a matter of time until I got the dreaded 3RLOD. I couldn't send it back to MS as I had opened it 2 months ago to flash the drive, so I could either buy a new core or else try the Xclamp replacement.

So I decided to do the X clamp replacement on Tuesday night, I used LawDawg's method (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=599216). I picked up the machine Screws and washers in B&Q cost me E4.40
    I also had to pick up two torx drivers, got a multi set for around E21. I had some Artic Silver 5 compound and also Heatsink/Cpu cleaner so didn't need to buy. Took me around an hour an a half to do. If you've built your own PC's you should be well able to do this. Hardest part of process for me was getting the plastic case apart, didn't have the key so case at back is bit damaged, also you need to be very careful removing the X clamps one slip and you'll damage components or motherboard.

Anyway after doing the job, everything is working fine, just ran a couple of Endurance races in Forza and no freezing, same with Call of Juerez, couldn't get past the first cut scene without it freezing last week, now plays fine.

So for anyone who has voided their boxes warrenty and are getting the 3RLOD, you should try this fix, theres a good chance it will work.

Snake ;)

Advertisement