Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Check on parts :)

Options
  • 12-07-2007 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

me again :D

well im gonna be ordering my stuff this weekend...and just wanna make a last check on components..

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 = i know there are 6750's and 68's coming out next weekend but cant wait that long so just getting this for now

Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R = supposed to be pretty good mobo for price

2048MB-KIT OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 1066MHz = not really sure what advantages are with this compared to corsair 6400 ram but seems to be faster so mgiht as well :D if there is anything wrong with this ram in the system? please tell me :)

Microsoft Windows XP Home SB System Builder-Version = will this be in german as im buying from german retailer? and i dont want vista for now anyway lol..

DVI-I auf VGA Adapt. = just to connect pc to my lcd tv as well for watching stuff on tha bigger screen :)

Corsair 620W 620 Watt = think its probably one of best psu's in its range

WD Caviar SE16 320GB = jus a hd :rolleyes:

Samsung SH-S183A = good dvd-rw ?

Samsung SyncMaster 226BW, 22", 2ms, DVI, 3000:1 = supposed to be best 22" monitor out there if an s panel and even if a or c or wat ever panel i think ill still be happy with it..i aint too picky..its jus for gaming

Creative HS 400 = A headset :cool:

Thermaltake Armor schwarz VA8000BWS = probably best case i can find on the site that is in my price range..supposed to have good cooling and its big enough so why not :D

Club3D 8800GTX = and tha gfx card..should play most games preety well ;)

so is everything ok here..? if the ram is unsuitable i could spend extra bit of money on a cpu fan and hs just to make the board look better but im not gonna overclock any of this...so prob be a waste..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Looks good, a few things I wouldn't buy (OS, headset and the case)

You won't see any benefit to that RAM, unless heavily overclocking, over DDR2-800. But DDR2 prices are so low that if it fits into your budget then why not? BUT, as you say u aint overclocking, if you can save money on DDR2 to put towards other upgrades, do it.

Personally, I would upgrade to a larger HDD. With the amount of media now put on PCs (movies, music, etc.) and games taking up to 10GB. But if you think 320GB is fine for a while, just do a quick sum of roughly how much space you need.

I'm a fan of the NEC DVD drives, very nice.

Rest of it looks sweet, what's the bottom line.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

cheers for the feedback mate..

so you wouldnt get os,headset and case..? well im guessign youd rather get vista instead of xp..but for me i just see to many probs arising if i went down the vista road :(

i play w:enemyterritory like everyday and its supposed to stop people from playing it .. and then the headset im just getting as i will probably need some sort of mic when warring or what ever..and then the case its the only one i can find that is in my price range that has good airflow and is big..i donjt really mind how it looks :)

so i wont see any performance benfit at all with that 1066 ram if im not overclocking in comparison to 800mhz?

if i were to go back down to corsair 6400 cl4 then i would have around 30-40 euro to spend elsewere on components..which is where i could get a bigger hdd such as 400gb or 500gb..am i wrong or does the bigger the hdd is the more time it takes to load stuff from it?

anyway what hdd would be best to get off hardwareversand for 95euro or less?

saw this but not sure if there any good the Samsung HD501LJ 500GB 7200,16 MB..always tought WD were better..but i dont know much bout hdd's :)

ill prob be adding another 500 giga in there klater on in the year so not really a prob atm

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Everything looks great, the OCZ is good RAM, I'd keep it. A disk for <95, I'd go with the 500GB Samsung 16MB cache; runs quiet and cool.

I'm a big fan of the samsungs, and the 500GB drives these days strike the best euro/GB.

With regards the RAM, DDR2-800 will run at its rated speeds up to a 400 MHz FSB, so with an E6600 that's a healthy overclock to 3.6 GHz.

just ordered me stuff today..club3d 8800gtx's wherent in stock so i had to order the xfx one..and alos had to go with the thermaltake kandalf case as the one i wanted wasnt in stock either..but the kandalf seems the exact same really and probably has better stuff going for it..there fore i couldnt get the larger hdd or faster ram as my budget couldnt stretch :(

but im still happy :D

i can easyly get a 500gb drive in a few weeks so no biggy..

thanks for the feedback lads..just gotta way patiently now for it to arrive..should have some fun trying to put it together :(

• Advertisement

dont forget to post pics, etc. :)

lol i wont..probably just be aload of pics of me trying to put out tha fire ill start from doing something stupid ha :(

prob too late now to change my mind ..but just want to get it out of my mind...i ordered windows xp system builders edition off a german site..so will this os be just in german language or will it be all languages..i cant find much info on this version of xp..

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

If you can get your hands on an equivelant english CD, the product key should work on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

What is system builders edition ? I never heard of it ? oem ?

• Advertisement

ye i dont have a clue what it is myself..think its oem ye..

well hopefully the version should be in english..on the site it never said anythnig bout being in german so hopefully it will be in english..its jus its a german site but anyone from europe could buy here so i doubt they just have german..

i doubt id be able to get my hands on an english one as i havent even a clue what type of xp this is.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

that dvd drive is piss loud lol if that can make sense

burns dvds nicely though :)

The ram is pretty good! Loads of up bf2 in under a minute most of the time for me, im always 1st into the server :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

i went with an LG dvd-rw in the end..think it was h62n model..hopefully that aint as loud lol :)

i went with the corsair ram as well at 800...probably not as good as the ocz 1066 stuff but still fast id say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

where did you get the case?

Advertisement