Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

merlin car auctions

Options
  • 12-07-2007 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Anyone have any good or bad stories about these auctions? I got a "snapshot" of car sales in june and there seemed to be some pretty good deals - I'd be tempted but a bit sceptical at the same time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Visited it once out of curiosity. One for those in the trade me thinks, you need to know what you're about. Alternatively a spot to pick up a sub E1000 banger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What you see is what you get... check the grading on the cars and be prepared to pay the 5% fee + the €180 background check fee on top of what you buy...

A lot of the cars are fleet and finance repo's so they can be great deals. I know someone who picked up a 05 BMW 530 M-Tech, black with cream leather and less than 20k on the clock. It was a finance repo and he got it for €38,000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Would this be an ideal place to go to pick up a first time banger car for cheap?

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

According to the email I got, a '95 1.5lsi civic went for €450! But that seemed to be the only cheap (sub 1k) car on the sheet.

Advertisement