Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Niggly Faults

Options
  • 12-07-2007 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Been driving a 91 Carina for the last month or so until i find a decent E200 anyway few faults ive found in the car, when i start the car after its been running to normal temp, it hesitstes for 3-4 seconds and then starts albeit a but sluggish, it starts grand from cold, today i put new plugs and a air filter in, spayed a bit of carb cleaner and looked around the air pipes for any damage, the battery looks fine, dont think it would be the battery or starter, only thing i havent checked was the ign leads, any more ideas of what it could be? car is fine mecanically other than this problem at 176,000 miles it still pulls like a train would like to get it running perfect

Thanks for any replys

-VB-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

snap on the symptoms, must chec all of that sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

Dunno much about old carinas but could it be some sort of fuel vaporisation problem seeing it only happens when hot ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

it will be the leads most likely, there a common problem in the old carina's., sometimes when you pull them off the plugs they come out and the metal plug bit stays in the spark plug., try that and the distributor.,

Advertisement