Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power supply for gf78900gtx

Options
  • 12-07-2007 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

getting a gf7800gtx card at the moment,it says needs a 400watt and 26A on 12V. On my PSU,it says" max output is 375watts and max combo output on +12VA and 12VB is 30A".so will i be able to runing that card on my system?having 3 sata. hdd and 1 sata. dvd attach on the mobo.buy the way the sys. is a dell dimesion9200.many thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd say you'll get by, Dell psu's are pretty reliable and the rails seem fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Yeah a 7800GTX should be okay as Dell at one point sold D9200's with 7800GTX cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 longdub

thanks for your reply lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mickey_37

just as an add on to this post. i have the same computer as the above poster and ordered a xfx geforce 8800gts 640mb.

it says on the box that it needs a 400w minnum power supply to run. would my 375w dell power supply be able to run an 8800gts 640mb?

if i do need to get a new power supply which one should i go for to replace the dell? any ideas?

thanks for any help
    Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

no it probably will not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well I wouldn't say out right no it wont work your sort of on the line there.

Maybe a chance it will work as the GTS isnt that demanding for power and draws about 240W under load so some room left but if you want a cheap replacement this 500W PSU should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Have any of you tried out the cards yet on the stock dell psu's?

Incidently you can a drop in 470watt dell replacement psu from pcpowerandcooling in the states buts it damn expensive.

Advertisement