Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peak's challenge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

cheers for the feedback.

i train at home for the press's and barbell curls etc

the local park has a 4km track with the pull up bars and parellel bars on the way so thats were i do that

is there any point doing deadlift with 25kg? it sounds a bit light to me and as i dont particularly like lifting in my attic(just get in get out) i dont change the weights on the bars in the middle of the "session".

cant decide wheather to go for a run or do weights its too wet for a cycle hopefully as im staying in tonight it will be a nice morning

ok after a week of slowly going mad waiting for today i woke up to an offer of my first choice un college so im pretty happy with that and will be attacking my body excersise and healthy food with renewed vigour.

also my ex has just informed me how great her new interest is and how he is 14st of pure muscle so in the spirit of pissing her off i have even more inspiration :p .

ill be back to listing my diet as well as when i stopped doing that it drifted a bit

monday

breakfast; porridge and green tea

snack; bannana

lunch; mueller light

snack; apple

dinner; fillet steak and backed potatoe with boiled green beans

snack; tuna
    25*3* 2ft inclined push ups

12*3* 25kg barbell curls

25*3* sit ups / crunches lifting legs at same time

20*2* standing inclined one armed rows(again need a proper name for these)

12*3* 25kg bench press's

yesterday

breakfast; (late awaking) one uncle bens 2 min fried rice with no sauce

snack; bannana

snack; apple

dinner; quorn chillie with kidney beans peppers and brown rice

8km run

wednesday

snack; bannana

lunch; toasted wrap with chicken and turkey and cheese

snack; apple

dinner; steak and baked potatoe with green beans
    25*3* 2ft inclined push ups

12*3* 25kg barbell curls

25*3* sit ups / crunches lifting legs at same time

20*2* standing inclined one armed rows(again need a proper name for these)

12*3* 25kg bench press's

• Advertisement

thursday

snack; bannana

lunch; cant rememeber

snack; apple

dinner; salmon and baked potatoe

8km run

yesterday

snack; bannana and apple

lunch; 3egg omlette with ham and cheese

snack;

dinner; tuna steak and potatoe croquets and peas

snack; grilled cheese with wholemeal bread(pretty bad but nothing else in house and it was gorgeous)

4km sprinting pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Just a comment on your training - if your goal is to build muscle your programme is far from ideal. Not enough compound exercises, too many reps, too little weight, not enough intensity. For instance, 25 kg for 12 reps in the bench press is not heavy or intense enough for a 13 stone male to gain a lot of muscle. Likewise, 25 situps won't do much for you.

It would be better if you could work with lot more than 25 kg of weight but if this is not practical/safe you could do more unilateral (one legged or one armed) work which will allow you to make better use of the 25 kg. A prime example is pistol squats where just your bodyweight is sufficient. Also, if bodyweight pull ups are too easy tie some weights to yourself. And you cna add resistance to pushups by putting some weights in a backpack.

BrianD3 wrote:
    Just a comment on your training - if your goal is to build muscle your programme is far from ideal. Not enough compound exercises, too many reps, too little weight, not enough intensity. For instance, 25 kg for 12 reps in the bench press is not heavy or intense enough for a 13 stone male to gain a lot of muscle. Likewise, 25 situps won't do much for you.

It would be better if you could work with lot more than 25 kg of weight but if this is not practical/safe you could do more unilateral (one legged or one armed) work which will allow you to make better use of the 25 kg. A prime example is pistol squats where just your bodyweight is sufficient. Also, if bodyweight pull ups are too easy tie some weights to yourself. And you cna add resistance to pushups by putting some weights in a backpack.

cheers for the input man,

not looking to put on muscle yet trying toget down to 12st. when i do that and when i move down to limerick ill have proper gym facilities(not my attic) and i will then be using the gym to get match fit for basketball. at the same time as that i would like to put on a stone of muscle but the basketball and doing excersises tailored for that will come first

edit; also i wish bw pull ups were easy. i was up to 9*2 but with bad form(i think) and iv worked on my form and im down to 5/6*2 now

Advertisement