Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multitext is now defunct.

• 12-07-2007 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

As of today, Ciaran's multitext has been permanently disabled due to a personal request from Ciaran himself.

What does this mean?
    It means you will be unable to send messages through multitext as of today.

Why has this be done?
    Donut has implemented blocking of MT due to a personal request from Ciaran to cease the operation of mt. This explains why the MT website has been down as of late. I repeat that this task has been requested by Ciaran. Donut was just following orders.

Is there a replacement
    Yes, obviously you can still use the AFT app on your phone to send messages and the Msn Bot. As of today you can also use my new web multitext clone, AftWeb. Click here for more information.
    It is also to my knowledge that donut is creating a .NET client as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

and there's that jsms client made by fbradyirl
    http://jsmsirl.sourceforge.net/JSMS/JSMS.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm gutted. I loved Multitext :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

^^ So did I. Any reason why it's no longer being run?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've had so many messages about this. MultiText is no longer a project that I'm working on.

Thanks for all the interest lads but it's run it's course.

Ciaran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

i'M GONNA MISS MULTITEXT.. it was so handy. Hopefully we will see a replacement soon.
    Owen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Seeing as it is stable, would it be possible to leave the server running and then those who currently use it could continue to use it?
    It was the most useful program on my entire computer.

And if it is the case that it won't be restarted, thank you Ciaranfo. The program was much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Timmins

Hey guys, I used multitext a bit myself too so I used a hex editor to edit the request string, and it seems to be working again ok now. Just replace your old multitext.exe with this one and itll work again. :) Link posted below.

EDIT: The forum rules clearly state no linking or provision of crack of software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭tech

yep works fine :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Timmins wrote:
    Hey guys, I used multitext a bit myself too so I used a hex editor to edit the request string, and it seems to be working again ok now. Just replace your old multitext.exe with this one and itll work again. :) Link posted below.

A bit sly isn't it :mad: I'm sure it was shut down and the code blocked for a reason. If he wanted us to keep using it all he had to do was pull the download and then no new users would be using it but existing ones could continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

RIP mt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

Timmins wrote:

EDIT: The forum rules clearly state no linking or provision of crack of software.

has this cracked version done a dump?
    wont work last couple of days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

jmccrohan wrote:
    A bit sly isn't it :mad: I'm sure it was shut down and the code blocked for a reason. If he wanted us to keep using it all he had to do was pull the download and then no new users would be using it but existing ones could continue.

If thats the case then we should have been given a reason why he scrapped it.
    Right now there is no reason not to use it, so i dont see the problem.

Thanks a lot timminus for restoring the program! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭tech

still works for me, just now! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Any news on the .net standalone client?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement