Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Connection

Options
  • 12-07-2007 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Another AV question... If I wanted to keep my digibox in an AV rack at the opposite side of the room to a HD flat screen and have it connected via HDMI I assume the only way of doing this is to run a long HDMI cable (circa 10m) via trunking.

Does such a thing exist and moreover work ?

Best regards, Baud.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

have a 12m cable going from my av rack to my projector on the celing.they do exist, but for that run you need a devent quality one that won't affect teh signal much. they get expensive when you get to that length though

this is the one i got
    http://www.bluejeanscable.co.uk/store/dvi/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Thanks Mossy, EXACTLY what I was looking for !

Best regards, baud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I have done this myself, I put up a thread of the install on the boards.ie Home Entertainment forums.

Here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055025882

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Nice job prospect !

My house is a new build so I hope to get this stuff nailed at the outset when its cheap and mess doesn't matter !

you have given me food for thought !

baud.

PS - We have been talking about speaker connections in another thread, where did you source your speakers connectors from that are in the wall plates... I take it you fabricated the wall plates your self ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

bauderline,

I have single runs of cables from the amp to the speakers. It was Buzzard that has the speaker cable wall plates.

P

• Advertisement
Advertisement