Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement Sim Cost.

• 13-07-2007 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi all, i just this evening rang meteor customer care and requested a replacement sim for my phone and was astonished to be asked to pay €15 for the service. I am a long time customer of meteor and i am disgusted at this charge, especially when you consider that i can walk into a meteor shop and get a new sim and number for FREE with a condition of €10 credit purchase to register the new sim.
    what is the reasoning behind this foolish replacement charge ?

voyager :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Postage isn't free. I'm sure there are costs associated with posting the SIM card out to you. Not just postage itself, but also putting it in an envelope.

I wouldn't be surprised if it costs them €15 to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭voyager

Hi Urban Weigl , i dont see a smilie in your post so i am thinking that you are joking about the cost, never mind the fact that i am a long time customer who has never before recieved a replacement sim, i would think i would be entitled to at least 1 free replacement.

voyager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Did you have a valid reason for the replacement SIM? Have you had loads previously?

yes the sim is worn through age, and no i have never had even 1 replacement.

voyager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the first one should be free. they might be charging you for postage but if you go intoi a store and get one there's no charge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Is there no such thing as customer service in Ireland any more?
    My service provider SFR has given me several new sims for various reasons, damaged phone, phone upgrades, service upgrades etc. over the last 2 years at absolutely no charge. They even transfer the numbers over and give you back the old card in a special little holder in case you ever need to access anything stored on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Tell them your sim card is old and there shouldn't be a charge for it. If your sim card begins with anything other than 0522, it should be free. Ask to speak to a supervisor if they won't do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭patrickc

I've got a few upgraded sims with meteor, never any charge, on both pre and post pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I was half joking. :D That being said, I am sure it costs them €15 or thereabouts to manufacture the SIM card, post it out to you and activate it. I wouldn't be surprised if that does not even cover the cost.

That being said, as a long time bill pay customer, it is puzzling that they would want to charge you to do it. Have you tried going into a meteor store instead?

hi Urban Weigl, i contacted the shop locally and was told the €15 charge was in place and there was nothing i could do about it, in frustration i again rang customer care and this time got a decent lad and on explaining that i was changing network if being charged for the sim the guy kindly agreed to post out a free sim. competition is a great thing.

voyager :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

o2 allow two free sims every year lol METEOR MUST REALLY BE HARD UP TO TREAT LONG TIME CUSTOMERS SO BADLY! i have had problems with meteor throughout 2006 and they sent me at least 5 new sims tryint to charge for each one till i suggested making a formal complaint and contacting ComReg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

foggy_lad wrote:
    o2 allow two free sims every year lol METEOR MUST REALLY BE HARD UP TO TREAT LONG TIME CUSTOMERS SO BADLY! i have had problems with meteor throughout 2006 and they sent me at least 5 new sims tryint to charge for each one till i suggested making a formal complaint and contacting ComReg

o2 rarely ever charge for sim replacements unless youve had loads in a few months, ive never let a charge for a sim stay on a customers account always delete it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

foggy_lad wrote:

Hi Foggy Lad, if you have a problem with Meteor, please start your own thread, rather than dragging up old threads to bash them.

Advertisement