Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMOL/licence fees

Options
  • 13-07-2007 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Well its just a reminder that maybe we should start targeting specific TD's with emails about the OMOL problem?

And also the other issues we highlighted pre-election, maybe a list of the TD's we should be emailing in what parties, obviously not the hippies, sorry greens,instead of just blanket emailing.

Now we have elected people, no point in emailing those who didnt get in as they cant help us!!!!! obviously the justice minister for a start but who else.........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Hold your fire,newby.
    Too early yet.They have all sodded off till September or thereabouts.Havent noticed how well the country is working at the moment without meddling ministers???:) Time to remind them is a week before they reconvene,so they come back to lots of emails,faxes,letters and general out of sorts comms from gunowners to remind them about amending the finance act 07 and to re work it to omol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

newby.204 wrote:

And also the other issues we highlighted pre-election, maybe a list of the TD's we should be emailing in what parties, obviously not the hippies, sorry greens,instead of just blanket emailing.

Now we have elected people, no point in emailing those who didnt get in as they cant help us!!!!! obviously the justice minister for a start but who else.........
    Better work with people than against them, start calling people names and you get their backs up pretty quick.
    just my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

true enough CJ but i cant see the greens workin anywhere near us considering we are hunters/shooters. they will never listen to us never mind humor us!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Thing is newby, they *have* worked with us in the past. Hunting with animals they have a problem with in some cases, hunting by shooting seems to be something they accept, and target shooting raises noone's hackles these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

People are different, there is a green TD in Carlow that hunts and fishes to the best of my knowledge.
    I would try and not lump everyone in a one size fits all lentil-eating-sandal-wearing and handknit wooly jumper stereotype.
    Until I see that someone is working against my interests I will remain neutral whatever their political flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

thanks for the schooling there sparks didn know that

Advertisement