Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Active X - IE error

Options
  • 13-07-2007 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm building a new site - using Flash CS3, and when I test my site in IE, it's giving me the dreaded "activeX - right click and allow" bar accross the top of the browser window.

What am I doing wrong here? - has it to do with my flash movie export options? there seems to be tonnes of options - I just went with the default ones...

Saying that I added text into the flash movie also and IE 6.0.2900 doesn't show it at all - its a windows safe font (arial) but it still doesn't appear.

They may be seperate issues, but I'd like to have flash incorporated into this site and avoid the activeX allow-bar.

Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

this usually happens when you are viewing the web page locally - I suggest uploading it to a server and seeing what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Ph3n0m wrote:
    this usually happens when you are viewing the web page locally - I suggest uploading it to a server and seeing what happens

You're quite right, I've tried it on a few PC's, all locally - same result - although Firefox never gives me this issue.

I'll try uploading it and post back...

Would this be the case with the text in flash also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

sticker wrote:
    You're quite right, I've tried it on a few PC's, all locally - same result - although Firefox never gives me this issue.

I'll try uploading it and post back...

Would this be the case with the text in flash also?

it is possible - upload as you said and retest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Ph3n0m wrote:
    it is possible - upload as you said and retest

Will do - thanks

Advertisement