Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceramic Kitchen Sinks

Options
  • 13-07-2007 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We are thinking of replacing our stainless steel sink with a ceramic one. Just wondering has anyone got a ceramic sink installed, and how do they find them for cleaning, chipping etc.

Thanks,
    Q

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

There is no second chance with a ceramic sink and crockery.
    If you drop a cup in a stainless sink you sometimes get a bounce and no breakage, drop a cup in a ceramic sink and you will always lose the cup.
    I haven't yet seen the result of Cast Iron pot vs Ceramic sink but I would be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Agree with CJ and they are also difficult to keep clean...rented a house with a lovely belfast sink (and wanted one until I experience the sink first hand!) and the only really good way to keep it clean is to bleach it every couple of days. Stains a lot and isn't the best option in my opinion.

Advertisement