Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband Athlone Area

Options
  • 13-07-2007 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Theres no broadband in a new terrace i live in Athlone so is there any wireless broadband options available in the Athlone area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

High speed internet provided by the mobile operators, vodafone, o2 or 3. check thier websites for coverage and head to the carphone warehouse, they do all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

dvdfan wrote:
    Hello,

Theres no broadband in a new terrace i live in Athlone so is there any wireless broadband options available in the Athlone area?

Where abouts in Athlone are you? I think Metro provide wireless in a lot
    of areas. AFAIK its wireless to your house but wired inside it. They put an
    antenna on the roof and run a cable down into the house. (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

try http://www.digiweb.ie , the metro wireless broadband is meant to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pedropumpalot

Irish Broadband are going onto the roof of the Athlone Town Centre shortly so if you have LOS to that you should be laughing:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭eoinhealy

I live up near Elan and Last Mile Broadband are advertising around the area. We had them out to us and they told us about a deal they do for (I think) 400 for the full year. I think they are servicing the whole of athlone. If you in a terrace house I presume your in near town somewhere. If thats the case you should be able to get eircom broadband through your phone line.

If you cant get it with eircom yet...

I phoned eircom about 2 months ago to try and get a broadband package, they said it would be available in 3 months or so. So should have it in a month or so. If your using a laptop you can find wireless hotspots all over the town. River S has a very good signal and The Palace. I checked it out a while ago and there are over 30 hotspots around town.
    dvdfan wrote:
    Hello,

• Advertisement
Advertisement