Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Price Winner/Shortest Loser

Options
  • 13-07-2007 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what's the biggest price winner you've all had. Or on the other hand, what's the shortest price fav you've had turned over. Any sport.

Had a couple of 33/1 winners over the years and a 50/1 horse runner up recently, beaten by a 66/1 shot. Also, the dreaded odds-on teams/horses getting turned over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

A few 25/1 winners on the horses...

Will be interesting to see if anyone landed a long shot footy accumulator :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Got an 80/1 in Cheltenham a few years ago. Of course with a horse with that kind of odds I only have a few Euro on it!!

I actually laid the bet a few weeks before the race and I forgot that I had laid it. Then I checked my account the next day after the race and my balance was way up. Needless to say I was jumping for joy then. Pity I missed the fun of seeing it actually winning.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

Had a 100/1+++ accum on the footy a couple of years ago... Was sickened I'd only €2 on it!!

Horses wise - doubt anything much past 25/1??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭p.u.d.z.e.r.

I got €1564 off a free €1 placepot at cheltenham last year. There wasnt 1 fav placed the whole day. I had split the free €5 placepot in the paper into 3 seperate ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I got €1564 off a free €1 placepot at cheltenham last year. There wasnt 1 fav placed the whole day. I had split the free €5 placepot in the paper into 3 seperate ones.

Well done, think we have a winner already. 1564/0 won't get better ods than that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Winner. Spanish Don at 100s in the Cambridgshire a few years ago.
    Winner. Land And Stars at 100s in one of those 2 Mile handicaps.
    Winner. (sort of). Sholokov at 125/1 in the 'without the fav' market in the Irish Derby (finished 2nd to the fav so strictly speaking a winner).

Hit the bar. Senegal at 5000/1 ew (1/5 the odds 1,2,3,4) in the 2002 World Cup. But was able to trade small profit before their 1/4 final defeat to Turkey.

All to small money though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Winner. (sort of). Sholokov at 125/1 in the 'without the fav' market in the Irish Derby (finished 2nd to the fav so strictly speaking a winner).

Hey, they all count. I remember that, I had a nice bet on High Chapparall that day and a small forecast on HC and Sholokov. Can't remember what it paid but think it was around the 200 mark. Forgot about that, so I've had a 200/1 come in (for peanuts)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Had a football accum on a few months ago, 240/1 aprox.

Waterford Utd poxed a 90th min equaliser against Drogheda, would have won €1200 from a €5 euro stake

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

50/1 winner in the horses. Thik it was Don Cesare, definitely DOn something or other. €5 e/w

I've had a few short priced trades go tits up on betfair...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Did Sumblimity for the Champ Hurdle last Christmas after reading and interview with the trainer. Got him at 50s! Never really bet big but I do remember the previous Cheltenham not being good for Kenco with some of his selections at short odds!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭$lattman

Had Zach Johnson to win the Masters at 340/1, that was a nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 heffhoops

had one of the "Droopys" greyhounds to win the English derby a couple of years ago at 25/1 ...reckoned it was worth a flutter for that price...he romped home!..only had a few quid on him though.

also backed marco pantani to win tour de france @40/1 ...just after he had a bad stage...took 10 mins out of the leader the next day. had a nice few quid on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

BTW I should say I've had one 1.01 and two 1.02 lays come off on betfair. All tennis. I'll never ever forget Thiago Alves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Had a 50/1 horse last year. A couple of weeks later i lost on a 1/3 shot. I cant bring myself to bet at shorter odds than that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

66/1 on betfair on Hurrican Alan in the mile race at sandown in April a few years ago for peanuts - WON

1/6 on Betfair on Kerry to beat Cork in the Munster Final last year which ended up a draw and cost me a lot and all my WC winnings in one go - LOST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭rickybutcher

American racing is great for long odds horses. Won plenty of races with horses matched at ~35s. Won a trifecta @ 179/1. Although that was boxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Had Indian Ink in Ascot last month at 25/1 (€100 e.w.) - even posted it in the horse racing forum when it was available at 20/1. Went off at 7/1.

Finally got to use the withdraw button on PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

Had Micheal Campell to win the masters golf two years ago at 200/1......placed a fiver on him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

I work for a bookie dealing with online a/c's so ya get to see all the crazy bets that come up. guy rang up couple of weeks ago to check all the results of the jackpot meetings coz he was in work all day and i had the privilege of telling him he was the sole winner of the jackpot! 45 grand!
    there's often guys who back every outsider on a saturday in the football and they do it every week for years and years and one crazy afternoon their 1 euro has become 13 grand! pretty cool stuff

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Had a 5 e/w on a 33-1 shot who won in Cheltenham 2 years ago. It was sweet as it was the day before my brothers wedding! Needless to say the wedding was a great day! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

sol campbell to score first in the CL final a few years ago 50/1.
    sweet coz barca had a goal dissalowed.
    also had arsenal/barca ht/ft in that game too at 20/1.
    shortest priced loser think was 1/3 last year on all weather.cant remember the horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Phil taylor 1/12 vs Adrian Gray, the shame. I had been having a bad day so tried to buy some money back, or so i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

prendy wrote: »
    also had arsenal/barca ht/ft in that game too at 20/1.

Had the same myself @22/1 but only a fiver on it. Biggest price winner I ever had on the horseys was Run For Paddy @33/1 in last year's Scottish Grand National. Just picked a name and the rest is history :cool: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Had a 5 e/w on a 33-1 shot who won in Cheltenham 2 years ago. It was sweet as it was the day before my brothers wedding! Needless to say the wedding was a great day! :D
    Hot Weld?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Hot Weld?

That could have been it! Must look into it

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

I had a score on the England / France match in Euro 2004 for England to lead at half time and France to win @ 33-1.

England were 1 nil up at HT, Beckham missed a peno with 20 mins to go, Zidanne scored a free in the last 10 mins and then scored a penalty in injury time... I was on my knees in front of the TV when he was taking that peno!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

philcsl wrote: »
    I had a score on the England / France match in Euro 2004 for England to lead at half time and France to win @ 33-1.

England were 1 nil up at HT, Beckham missed a peno with 20 mins to go, Zidanne scored a free in the last 10 mins and then scored a penalty in injury time... I was on my knees in front of the TV when he was taking that peno!!

I was at that match sitting in with the england fans. They were not happy bunnies! Felt bad 4 them but couldn't help but have a rye smile on my face ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

£5 win on Heemanela at 91/1 (Tote) at The Curragh is my best single odds.
    €20 wins, and a €10 double on Choisir 25/1; Zafeen 10/1 at Royal Ascot 2003.
    £5 win at 80/1 John Daly, British Open 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Backed Kadoun by chance in the Galway races two or three years ago at 66/1. Was flicking through these boards a week before the Races, and some guy was on about his uncles horse that they have set up for a big price win during the races, but all that was disclosed was that he was running in one of two races, though I can't remember which races.

Did a bit of research and had it down to one or two horses. By chance, I was in the bookies the day of the race after backing a tip. Was waiting for a mate and said i'd have a flick through the card for the day, and Kadoun jumped out at me. The rest is history.

Also, had a big bet on the famous Maynooth Princess/Sir Percy double last year. Suppose it was about 60/1. Both romped it in a great day for LIT Students and a bad day for Hacketts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement