Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do about poor quality work???

• 13-07-2007 10:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭

My old dentist retired so I went to someone new this week for a replacement filling.

Problem is I'm not too happy with the work. The filling is very rough and there's a bit on the inside that sticking out a bit and rubbing off my tongue and irritating both it and me!

The top of the filing also feels rough... all my other fillings (i've lots!) were always smoothed over with some inplement but not this time. Is there any particular fillings that are this way, that can't be smoothed???

Please advise as I'm going back to this dentist next week (couldn't see me any sooner as they're only there certain days) and don't want to be too disgrruntled only to be told that's the way it's supposed to be???

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

I would give it a while to settle, your mouth might be out of sorts and if you are like me, you will be very much "aware" of any changes for a while. This happened to me when I got my RCT done, it took me a while to get used to it and then when this filled tooth broke, I could feel it very sharp for the longest time and this is the tooth I am getting work done to next week, and hey, even though it is sharp and sometimes sensitive, I have gotten used to it. See if it settles and if not, I would ring the dentist and tell him. You probably didn't do much research into finding a new dentist. I know I did and I am still asking questions!!! If you do go to another dentist, I would let your present dentist know first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Thanks for the reply!

I went back yesterday and got the rough bit filed down. It seemed o.k until about 10 hours later I noticed irritation on the side of my tongue, next to the new filling.

It's pretty sore this morning, so much so that I have had to cover it with a piece of chewing gum to avoid further irritation. Reminds me of when I had braces years ago and would have to put a small piece of wax over any offending piece of metalwork until it could be fixed!!

To me this is very poor workmanship from the dentist. Surely I can expect more from a professional who charges accordingly.

I cannot go back now until friday which means 11 days of discomfort.

This can't be right.

Any dentists viewing the forum like to comment?

Advertisement