Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone disconnecting from network?

• 13-07-2007 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi everyone.

I have been having trouble with my phone recently. People are ringing me and getting straight into my message minder and my phone doesn't ring. People send me texts and they don't arrive. When the phone gets like this I can't make calls from it either. I have to turn the phone off and then back on to get it to work. When I turn off and back on waiting texts will come through and I can receive and make calls.

So it seems that although the phone looks like it's connected to the network it's not. The signal strength will go up and down when I move around but there doesn't seem to be a working connection.

It seems to happen when I leave the phone on for a long time.

It's a SE K800i that I bought SIM free and I'm on Vodafone bill.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Is it likely to be the phone or a network problem?

Thanks.

edit: I just tried ringing my phone from work and it didn't ring. Straight to message minder.
    It's 11:15 and I only turned the phone on around 8:10 this morning. So it seems it's not about how long I leave the phone on for...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

best thing to do is try a sim from meteor etc in it and see if you get the same problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

Ah yes! Good thinking. I'll try that out.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

is it possible you're in an area with poor 3g coverage?
    try turning off 3g coverage, and see is it any better

Advertisement