Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Lackan North Wicklow

Options
  • 13-07-2007 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    I'm moving to Lackan, North Wicklow, next month. I'll need to get broadband as I plan to work from home. The previous tennant was using Callidus and their box is still on the chimney. The landlord showed me where the mast is in relation to the house so there is a clear line of sight although it looks like it's well over a mile away.

I don't have a clue about wireless broadband. From what I've read on the boards I'm not that eager to try Callidus just yet. Having bought a new O2 phone (pay monthly) recently I'm tempted to get their new broadband modem. I can see from '3's 3G coverage map that Lackan is probably covered.

Does this mean that the mast is 3G enabled and therefore the O2 modem would work there also?

What's the best option currently available in the Lackan area?

Any help appreciated,
    D

Comments

Advertisement