Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"camouflage" for your allegedly "dangerous" dog

Options
  • 13-07-2007 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Now that the "dangerous dog" hype is beginning to sweep the country, owners of large / dark and/ or "dangerous" looking dogs of any breed or mix will start to feel the antagonism.

People will be avoiding them, screeching mothers will pull back children from miles away, others will mumble under their breath or hurl abuse, other dogs will be pulled away in panic ...

Seenashow most of this will just be based on clichees (of the big, bad, dark dog) ...fight back with another clichee.

Get a nice, colourful bandana for your doggy and perceptions will change and your life will become easier again.

A dog wearing a silly bandana couldn't possibly be dangerous, could it ? :D

(plus it looks better than a muzzle)

Boots.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

LOL! I must admit I was nearly expecting you'd say dye their coat for a min! Just kidding. Ya a bandana is great to take away the "fear" out of people. I had one on Esri until recently and people compliment me on her - and ask if she is for sale or going to be bred from. Her bandana had to be cut off her collar though - it got caked in muck and my sisters dog hair! lol Literally no joke! Peasant - that's a beautiful dog! :) I wouldn't have been afraid to say hi to him/her - then again I'm a sucker for doggies!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

not my dog, btw ...

ok...lol sorry! whoever owns him must be proud!
    My fella wants to either dress esri up as an angel or a devil for halloween (he's supposedly dressing up as a devil) so we can walk around with my friend and her 3 y.o. daughter, Leah. But leah has voiced she want's esri to dress up as a "Princess angel" lol. Not sure if we'll do it..but will let ye know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭alexdenby6

what breed is that? surely its not a banned dog? much too cute

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

He looks like a mongrel of mixed bull breed-therefore is banned, its a joke..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement

complete and utter nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 kashi

alexdenby6 wrote:
    what breed is that? surely its not a banned dog? much too cute

It is a bit unfair to assume that banned dogs are not cute. I think my GSd and my sister's GSD is adorable. I also think rottweilers are absolutely beautiful. The cute lil chiwawas (sp?) etc are far more likely to bite, or to try to. Saucy little things they can be. Having said that nothing is as evil as a cat!! We had a GSD when I was young that was scared of our cat (in fairness she had kittens at the time and was a little protective!). And even crueller than cats, are children. Have you ever seen children tease animals or other children. We are the cruellest animals on this earth. We kill and torment for own pleasure, not for survival! Should dangerous people be licenced, maybe even put down? Of course not, it's a ridiculous idea isn't it! But a totallitarin (Sp again?) attitude could take us that way. Tolerance people. Sorry for the rant btw. I just hate the attitude some people have towards the so called dangerous dogs. All dogs are potentially dangerous, you cannot breed out their instincts. They have them for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

kashi wrote:
    The cute lil chiwawas (sp?) etc are far more likely to bite, or to try to. .

It really annoys me how dogs such the Rotts , Pit Bulls are all been branded with the same brush.
    I have a cocker spaniel cross and tbh i can not trust her as for as i can throw her. She's cute and adorable and a bit of a sissy, barks and runs up the stairs if someone comes to the door. Howwever, she does take a turn sometimes and decides to chase people at the feet for no particular reason other than her been the protector and so on.

What im trying to say is that, i don't think dogs of particuar breeds should be branished as dangerous. But i think it is relative to the dog in particular, no matter what the breed.

Back on topic, camoflauge does really work. My dog wears bandana's and when we go out she usually gets twice as much attention if she is wearing one.

sorry mate didnt mean to offend, i have a gsd, i want a rottie and a dobey but i dont think that pitbulls are the most adorable dogs on this planet. gorgeous animals yes, but not really my kind of dog. sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 kashi

Alex,

sorry for the bit of over reaction. I admit to being a bit annoyed with the whole ban in Dublin, and they are thinking about bringing it in in Cork now!! What can I say, I'm hormonal:p !

• Advertisement

will these idiots ever learn to know what theyre talking about before they do something.

Must admit, when we got Esri - kids were fascinated by her with her red bandana collar - and thought she was a boy!! Lol. Still get people thinking she's beautiful - even the odd person asking - "what breed is she?" I must admit a good few foreign nationals here (no I'm not giving out about them) and their kids seem to love the GSD and other breeds - their kids are respectful to them and seem fascinated by them. They always ask me if they can say hi to Esri - not many irish kids do.
    As for what my sis Kashi said about school education -Dogs trust are doing educational classes with schools and in accordance with their school work - teaching the dog owners of the future how to look after dogs, what to do and not to do, what they have to do for the dog and so on. I think its a brilliant idea. as for camolflage - currently esri is sporting a rather fetching plastic collar or "satellite dish" since her spaying operation tuesday - got the collar yesterday after she licked her wound too much and is now driving us crazy whacking it full force into us when she greets us. lol poor puppy. Anyone looking for a sky signal?:p

Advertisement