Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing At Festivals

Options
  • 13-07-2007 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all ,does anyone have any info on how to get playing at the major festivals around the country.I am a well experienced Trad vocalist/guitarist and have been playing pubs/clubs for years now and would love to play on the big stages.I have all the good songs that the cuurent Trad bands have and access to good musicians.I have just made a home cd recording and thinking about going to studio.
    Any info I might get could help me for 2008.
    Thanks to all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Strings.ie

As with most things it's who you know.
    Best to contact the organiser or person responsible for booking the bands. Certainly send a demo but do try to talk to them rather than just email, It really makes a difference. Sometimes the larger festival organisers run smaller events such as local gigs, clubs etc. You might do a spot for them with the aim of being asked to play the festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Rithim

Thanks strings every bit of info helps.

Advertisement