Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks Eircom League action (July 12-17)

• 13-07-2007 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

Premier Division

Friday July 13
    Bray Wanderers POSTPONED Derry City - Carlisle Grounds
    Drogheda United vs Bohemians - United Park 7:45pm (Draw)
    Saturday July 14
    Sligo Rovers vs Galway United - The Showgrounds 7:45pm (Away)
    Sunday July 15
    St. Patrick's Athletic vs Longford Town - Richmond Park 3:00pm (Home)
    Monday July 16
    Shamrock Rovers vs U.C.D. Tolka Park 8:00pm (live on Setanta Sports) (Home)
    Tuesday July 17
    Cork City vs Waterford United - Turner’s Cross 7:45pm (Home)

First Division

Thursday July 12
    Dundalk 1 Finn Harps 1 - Oriel Park
    Friday July 13
    Shelbourne POSTPONED Kildare County - Tolka Park
    Monaghan United vs Wexford Youths - Kingspan Century Park 8:00pm (Home)
    Saturday July 14
    Athlone Town vs Kilkenny City - Lissywoollen 7:00pm (Draw)
    Cobh Ramblers vs Limerick 37 - St. Colman's Park 7:45pm (Draw)

6 Premier Division matches over 5 days? :eek:

Pitch inspection happening this very moment at Tolka Park. If the rain keeps pissing on down as it is right now I can't see Shels vs Kildare going ahead :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bray game off , the joys of summer football.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Premier Division

Bray Wanderers POSTPONED Derry City
    Drogheda United vs Bohemians The BIG Club

Sligo Rovers vs Galway United - Sligo

St. Patrick's Athletic vs Longford Town - Pats

Shamrock Rovers vs U.C.D - Rovers

Cork City vs Waterford United - Village People

First Division

Dundalk 1 Finn Harps 1 - Draw :p

Shelbourne vs Kildare County - Shels
    Monaghan United vs Wexford Youths - Draw

Athlone Town vs Kilkenny City - Athlone
    Cobh Ramblers vs Limerick 37 Cobh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Shels to win 3-0....if it goes ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Cant see us losing to Galway , draw at worst Bohs could beat Drogs but it will be a tough ask , I'd predict a Drogs win

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Drawda 1 The small Club 0
    Mons 2 Wexford Amateurs 0

So looks like Doolo's men are gonna try and onenil it to end of the season. Exciting stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i heard the police are looking for paul doolin and the rest of the squad for suspected day light robbery:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Listening to RTE last night, Jim Mcloughlin and Eoin Hand were disappointed in how Paul Doolin has his team playing, despite the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Drogheda 1 Bohemians 0

Three points are three points. :)

Zayed ran and ran all night and was unlucky not to get anything out of it. Doolin made two late substitutions that combined to score the only goal of the game. Dan Connor had a nightmare in goal. I don't know how he kept a clean sheet when he dropped the ball at least four times. I heard later that he had become a father earlier in the day. I bet he dropped the baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

PDN wrote:
    Drogheda 1 Bohemians 0

Three points are three points. :)

Zayed ran and ran all night and was unlucky not to get anything out of it. Doolin made two late substitutions that combined to score the only goal of the game. Dan Connor had a nightmare in goal. I don't know how he kept a clean sheet when he dropped the ball at least four times. I heard later that he had become a father earlier in the day. I bet he dropped the baby!

but what about the point blank save from crowe, top class!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

redzerdrog wrote:
    but what about the point blank save from crowe, top class!

True, but I'd prefer a keeper who doesn't have us all clutching our heads every time he receives a back pass (which, when Stephen Gray is playing, is pretty often).

4-2 Pats vs Longford the 2 flattered longford, we looked good again. Pretty much a new team with Keane an Gibson in centra midfield with fahey and Kirby wide, a back four of Muprhy Maguire Paisley and Rogers, up front Barker and Quigley.

Should have got a few more in 2nd half but game was never in doubt really, longfords 2nd was a 30 yard free kick fall dodged but still will look a nice goal on tv.

Guys goal was a cracker to kill the game.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Everyone seems to be writing us off winning the league. Ignore us at yer peril, lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Shams V UCD is on Setanta now.

Dreadful, dreadful football, I can't even watch anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Two nil to Rovers now. Purcell and Rowe scored them.

From what Ive seen UCD are much the better team.

Rovers arent going to be title challengers IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I reckon as the season goes on and they get a few injuries and such,that they'll fall away but it's a great acheivement all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Shams V UCD is on Setanta now.

Dreadful, dreadful football, I can't even watch anymore.
    You must have been watching a different match to me because it was pretty decent game of ball.

UCD were the better footballing side and are good to watch but Rovers have that conviction that UCD don't. If Conan Byrne's perfectly good goal where he has about 3 yards onside was allowed I think Rovers would have been beaten tonight.

Fair play to Scully anyway, he's doing an unbelievable job with a limited team under limited resources, they are punching above their weight this season but they will get found out eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cork City Vs Waterford tonight. This is a huge game for City, in a huge 2 weeks for City. Next three games are Waterford (h), Drogs (h), SPA (a). 7 points from those 3 and we will be looking good.

Cork City 2 - 0 Waterford

Good goal from McSweeney apparently. Looks like we have another quality player for free on the books.

Thats 1 out of the way.

Drogheda on Sunday is very important,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

cracking finish from mcsweeny, rifled it into the top corner on the run, looks a superb prospect..

wasnt the best of games tonight, but three points always welcome.. the refreee seemed to have left his red card at home though, their keeper should have been sent off for raising his hands to roy o donovan, and sean kelly should have been sent off for pulling back their striker when he was clean through on goal..

roll on drogheda on sunday..

Roar wrote:
    roy o donovan
    You mean God. And when he leaves Cork, Armageddon will prevail. :D

Without Roy, Cork will be fooked, up the creek without a paddle, dead and buried, ended, gone, dead, no chance in hell of doing anything.

^ Yawn

I agree with Roar, but Roy should have also walked for his part in the melee with Delaney. He flew in with studs showing on both feet. Kelly was haunted to stay on the pitch at the end.

On the game itself, we were absolute muck, and Rico is going to have to sort it out. We played crap long ball pretty much all night and it got us nowhere. The 2 occasions we kept in on the deck in the build up, we scored. We got out of jail with the peno, and yes, it was a peno. I dont know why Rico almost had a coronary at the time.

Sean Kelly needs to be dropped and the rest of the team need a kick up the arse. If we play like that agains Drogs on Sunday, they will eat us alive.

gimmick wrote:
    they will eat us alive.
    No, no, no.

Louth peole eat their own children. Not Cork's.

seansouth wrote:
    You mean God. And when he leaves Cork, Armageddon will prevail. :D

Without Roy, Cork will be fooked, up the creek without a paddle, dead and buried, ended, gone, dead, no chance in hell of doing anything.
    He ain't going anywhere until the end of the season, so that could spell trouble for ye!:)

Also, McSweeny is one to watch out for lads. Seems him for us a couple of times now, and he's looked a very very hot prospect. Don't say I didn't warn ye!;)

Another 3 points for us last night, only 1 behind Bohs now with 2 games in hand on them. We're slowly and quietly picking up the points while the others hog the limelight. :cool:

adam_ccfc wrote:
    He ain't going anywhere until the end of the season, so that could spell trouble for ye!:)
    :confused:

You quoted me there. I sincerely hope you aren't insinuating that I am some kind of Corkonian? Or a fan of the eL club based in Cork City?

:eek:

Post reported for personal abuse tbh.

seansouth wrote:
    :confused:

You quoted me there. I sincerely hope you aren't insinuating that I am some kind of Corkonian? Or a fan of the eL club based in Cork City?

:eek:

Post reported for personal abuse tbh.
    No, I'm a Cork fan! I'm saying it'll spell trouble for ye cos he's here till the end of the season.;)

Who are 'ye' then? :confused:

I'm a Shels fan, we don't play Cork again this season, and when we did, I don't think Roy scored. So he didn't and won't affect us this season. Unless both clubs end up in the Promotion/Relegation play-off, which I can't see happening.

seansouth wrote:
    Who are 'ye' then? :confused:

I'm a Shels fan, we don't play Cork again this season, and when we did, I don't think Roy scored. So he didn't and won't affect us this season. Unless both clubs end up in the Promotion/Relegation play-off, which I can't see happening.
    Ah fair enough, didn't realise. Spose 'ye' refers to the rest of the top 5.

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    and when we did, I don't think Roy scored.

Penalty?

Was that Roy?

I was too busy spitting venom an young Liamo.

If there was a peno in a cork game it automatically means Roy dived for it.

So musta been him.

kdjac

Advertisement