Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arramount furniture Fonthill

Options
  • 13-07-2007 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

I have just had the worst customer service experience of my life here. It's added years onto me. I went to the Fonthill store on Dec 31st and ordered a leather suite for delivery end of march. End of march came and a call came saying the suite was there-a cream one. No-mine was green so they said they would check on progress and get back to me. At the end of may I called again and was promised a call back. Never came so after my hols in June i called again and after two weeks of ringing and emailing they leeft a message with my son to say suite had never been ordered!!!! Too cowardly to talk to me themselves. I rang to organise refund of deposit-only 200 euro-thank god. Muppet on the phone said they had terrible trouble getting those suites in! Well duh-if it's never ordered how will it possibly arrive??? Offered me a brown one. If I had wanted a brown one I would have ordered a brown one!!! My refund is due in the next day or so and it had better come or I will be down at the store to create havoc. I am SICK of being given the run around by these morons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Lizzykins wrote:
    I have just had the worst customer service experience of my life here. It's added years onto me. I went to the Fonthill store on Dec 31st and ordered a leather suite for delivery end of march. End of march came and a call came saying the suite was there-a cream one. No-mine was green so they said they would check on progress and get back to me. At the end of may I called again and was promised a call back. Never came so after my hols in June i called again and after two weeks of ringing and emailing they leeft a message with my son to say suite had never been ordered!!!! Too cowardly to talk to me themselves. I rang to organise refund of deposit-only 200 euro-thank god. Muppet on the phone said they had terrible trouble getting those suites in! Well duh-if it's never ordered how will it possibly arrive??? Offered me a brown one. If I had wanted a brown one I would have ordered a brown one!!! My refund is due in the next day or so and it had better come or I will be down at the store to create havoc. I am SICK of being given the run around by these morons

If you want to create havoc please tell me when you will appear. I want to see the fireworks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭kirving

Well I got my deposit back so no need to create havoc. Mind you it took two weeks! I went to Reid today and ordered another suite and this will take 13 to 15 weeks to be deliver. We'll wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

My family has had problems with a different arramount before

What is it with furniture stores taking so long to deliver a suite! I mean, 15 weeks to drive a van from the shop to your house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

My family has had problems with a different arramount before

What is it with furniture stores taking so long to deliver a suite! I mean, 15 weeks to drive a van from the shop to your house!

More like 15 weeks to send the order to some chap in China and and get it shipped over ;)

I do't think any if these shops have what one would normally call 'stock' on
    the premises or anywhere in Ireland ready to ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I went to Reid today and ordered another suite and this will take 13 to 15 weeks to be deliver.
    They're taking 5 weeks to make my bed... but how it takes 5 weeks, I'm unsure. 5 hours to make, 5 weeks to ship, maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Reid, Arramount and the like all work in the same way.

They take orders from customers, wait until there are sufficient orders to fill a 40' container, send the order to the factory, factory takes approx. 4 weeks to complete the order and it is shipped to Dublin which takes a further 4 week. It must then stay in dry dock for a period of approx. 10 days (wooden furniture) before being released to furniture shop.

Personally I'd go to a shop such as Michael Murphy in Newbridge / Frank Gowan in Malahide and see what they have in stock rather than deal with the likes of the false "sale" tactics of reids, arramount etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ldusoswa

hey guys,

you may be interested to view my experiences with arramount in a related topic. Not much happier than the OP...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57506785

Cheers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

mcaul wrote: »
    Reid, Arramount and the like all work in the same way.

They take orders from customers, wait until there are sufficient orders to fill a 40' container, send the order to the factory, factory takes approx. 4 weeks to complete the order and it is shipped to Dublin which takes a further 4 week. It must then stay in dry dock for a period of approx. 10 days (wooden furniture) before being released to furniture shop.

Personally I'd go to a shop such as Michael Murphy in Newbridge / Frank Gowan in Malahide and see what they have in stock rather than deal with the likes of the false "sale" tactics of reids, arramount etc etc.

+1 Shop Local :D

Advertisement