Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Car Kit Harmon Kardon Drive And Play

Options
  • 13-07-2007 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I've just bought a brand new golf and want to use my ipod in it - was thinking of getting one of these:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=CFF48365&nplm=TF639LL/A

But does anyone know if it's possible to avoid having to rip out the dash board to install directly into the radio (as told by a couple guys in Halfords)?

From what I've read in the reviews on the apple site - some people seem to say that there's an inbuild FM transmitter included?

All held on this would be appreciated.
    John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Sorry I can't answer your question, but IBood are doing these tonight/today for 49.95, if you haven't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 saxo_vtr

The Drive and Play needs to be connected to the aerial socket on the back of the head unit. The original aerial connection then goes to the drive and play. Power is also taken from the wiring harness for your head unit. U can use the supplied cigarette lighter socket as an alternative. Personally i think dash dissasembly is a must as in a brand new golf i doubt you want wires hanging all over the place. If you need someone to fit it for you - snoop1600@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

OP, yes it does have an inbuilt FM transmitter. A mate has one that came with a car he bought but the person who sold it to him swapped the original radio back in again without connecting the Harmon directly so rather than play around with it we just set it to transmit via FM and it works fine.

Advertisement