Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Connecting TV and Surround Sound system

• 13-07-2007 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I set up a Philips Ambilight TV and Philips Surround Sound system for a friend. The surround sound system is connected the the DVD player. Is it possible to connect the TV to the surround sound system as well? What kind of cables do i need for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

You need a phono cable such as this. Two connectors (one red, one white) at each end. This will give you stereo sound.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

it will, as long as the tv has line out connectors. May want to chack before you buy the cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Most decent TVs will have audio out on one of their SCART sockets if they don't have phono audio out, so you can use a SCART->Phono Audio cable for this. Make sure you get one for sound from[/] the SCART/TV, as they're available in both directions and don't work both ways. There are cheap ones available though that have a switch on them to change direction, I think they're only entry level stuf though...

Advertisement