Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocker: Simpsons Game could be good!

Options
  • 13-07-2007 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3161017

The game is cel shaded, visually it looks very nice, and seems to make fun of video game cliches, it actually sounds/looks like it could be very good...

Check out these pictures:

superbartwi0.th.jpg mohhomercg6.th.jpg

gowlisaqp0.th.jpg
    (Particularly like that last one, heh)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Its an excellent idea, but possibly difficult to implement. Conker is the only game I can think to have done something similiar before. But we shall wait to see. Itll take something good to beat Bart and the Space Mutants though ;) . And Im still waiting for next gen Virtual Springfiled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I was looking forward to reading the review till it stated that EA made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Kenny 5 wrote:
    I was looking forward to reading the review till it stated that EA made it.
    ^

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's being developed by EA Redwood Shores apparantly, who did the Godfather game (which people seem to really like).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hmm, we haven't had a decent Simpsons game since that Konami arcade beat'em up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I love the end of the trailer

'Coming this fall... to every platform ever made!' followed by a splash screen of Atari Jaguar, Vic 20 and many more. Don't think I've ever laughed so much at a game trailer.

It does look spot on and seems to have a great sense of humour, I still have my doubts when it comes to gameplay but who knows, they seem to be genuinely putting a lot of effort into this - and as cynical as EA can be, when they do try to make a good game, they usually succeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

It looked absolutely terrible judging by the short clip on the xbox 360 E3 games montage...

I'll never forget Simpsons Wrestling for the PS1, that game guaranteed that I'll abhor any Simpsons game that ever comes out:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Retr0gamer wrote:

Which was chuff.

But no Virtual Bart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

They keep saying it's on every platform, except it's not on PC! :mad:

FÚCK!
    I may have to get a Wii.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Wasn't Simpsons Road Rage supposed to be decent?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Gizzle wrote:
    Wasn't Simpsons Road Rage supposed to be decent?

Horrible game.........supposed to be like crazy taxi but nowhere near as good!!!

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Horrible game.........supposed to be like crazy taxi but nowhere near as good!!!

Eep. I wasn't even a fan of Crazy Taxi. Cheerfully withdrawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ahh Bart and the space mutants... that was the first game I played on a friend's Amiga 500+ back in the day.

Barts Escape from Camp Deadly for me...Vaguely remember the joys of running through a canteen in a bee keepers costume throwing spitwads at bullies...*nostalgic sigh*

Then Bart vs. the World, but I only rented that for a fortnight from some place in Palmerstown for the monstrous sum of 4 weeks pocket money (£2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i didnt even go neer the trailer its a complete joke.

Anyone remember age of empires 2? anyone remember a mod for that game called star wars *something* hmm thats annoying me i cant remember the name anyway it wasent actually a mod is was a mod/TC that any modder could have made and it was released as a full game in the stores making loads of money for something that could have just been a patch.

This game looks FAR too much like a mod for the family guy game, if a game uses another games engine thats ok but if they are almost completly the same except for different charactors and maps then its a load of bollox and should not be full retail price

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote:
    What was that side-scroller with Bart making his own weapons as he went along? Wasn't so bad.

Got a larf out of the screenshot with Kratos eating Hot Chowder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Stephen wrote:
    Ahh Bart and the space mutants... that was the first game I played on a friend's Amiga 500+ back in the day.
    Had it on the C64, great craic back in the day alright.
    Gizzle wrote:
    Barts Escape from Camp Deadly for me...Vaguely remember the joys of running through a canteen in a bee keepers costume throwing spitwads at bullies...*nostalgic sigh*
    Ah, Nelson in the treehouse though, pain in the arse to beat. :o

Advertisement