Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No PS3 price cut - Im getting an Xbox360 - deals?

• 13-07-2007 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend "sony" have just split up.....

Seriously, I need to vote with my feet and get an xbox360 can someone help me out on where the best place to purchase would be and what packs are available.

Lastly should I wait for the "Elite"

Thanks ( don't feel sorry for me - I'm over the breakup :) )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Afaik Xtra-vision are running the best deal. Think you get like 3-5 games with the premium console.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭unregd147

Im glad to hear your relationship is over, she is a B****. Xtravision has a good deal: Premium system, wireless controller, play and charge kit, Gears of War, PGR3 and Crackdown for 400beans. Best deal Ive seen.
    Otherwise you could trade in your old ps2 and 5games and get a premium system for 200.
    I personally wouldnt wait for the Elite, but ive no real use for that hard drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,008 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

How much is the Xtravision offer?

400beans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Strawberries07

The E3 meeting was on yesterday, Sony is dropping the price of the PS3 $100 = €100. Epic games have given sony the Unreal tournament downloads for free after the gears of war map fight they had with microsoft. My bf has the 360, but 4 his bday I'm buying him the elite 120gb harddrive. That would be me advice to you. Once you get an xbox you wont stop playing and playing and wanting more and more achievements! Get an xbox now, and just by the elite harddrive when it appears on the market! EASY PEESIE LEMON SQUEEZIE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

Thanks lads -

I feel getting back on the dating scene is the best way to get over this abusive relationship with "sony" - I was fooling myself think the love went both ways.....

Ok xtravision here I come ... Is this available in all stores and is there any newbeee stuff that I should be aware of...

Yeah all xtravision stores should have it! Don't forget to get the battery recharge kit for you controller! You'll just have a pain in your arse buying batteries otherwise

The E3 meeting was on yesterday, Sony is dropping the price of the PS3 $100 = €100.

Hi Strawberry - this cut is only for the states - we in the Pal region get "an enhanced value pack" - TBH it is not just this - its the overall mess she (sony) has made with the PS3 that caused the breakup.....

Thanks for the Battery Tip - any others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Should be in all stores, all I've been in anyway. They have two offers that are similar, make sure you get the Premium one (not the Core), €399. Unless you really need HDMI, I don't see the point in waiting for the Elite.

The Xtravision 360 offer comes with the battery recharge kit (rechargeable battery and cable).

You can always get a PS3 at some point down the line when the price has dropped and there are games available for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Damn you all to hell.

Why did I read this thread? :D
    €400, eh?

• Advertisement

I think the little GB war each company is having at the moment is funny. The only thing is... Microsoft rush projects leading to alot of breaks with their consoles where sony take their time, but I don't really know if that is a good or bad thing. What are microsoft doing to apologize about their breaks in consoles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Don't be overly hasty in your actions, pissed off as you are with sony.

If you're not amazingly stuck, holding off 6 weeks for the elite would make plenty of sense

I think the little GB war each company is having at the moment is funny. The only thing is... Microsoft rush projects leading to alot of breaks with their consoles where sony take their time, but I don't really know if that is a good or bad thing. What are microsoft doing to apologize about their breaks in consoles?

Increased their warrenty to 3years.

Was that all they did, are they making some stuff on the marketplace free? did anyone every log on as an american and get entry to the american marketplace. The stuff they have on their one is soooooooo much better that ours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The stuff they have on their one is soooooooo much better that ours!

Yeah, but the difference will finally not be so big ... the Video Marketplace and some of that stuff is now coming over here too. Probably to coincide with the Elite and bigger Hard Drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

koneko wrote:
    Unless you really need HDMI, I don't see the point in waiting for the Elite.

Or the Halo 3, which is like Premium, but it has HDMI out :)

Also, does anyone know what budles Harvey Normans do? They are usually fiar enoguh when it comes to bundles for consoles ive found...

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Smyths have a good deal -
    Premium 360, Play & Charge Kit, Gears Of War & Forza 2
    All for €400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

It's €199 in gamestop if you have an old console and 6 games lying around to trade in. PS2, PSP or DS any will do.

Then you can go to town on whatever games YOU want.

Suggestion from Play.com

Play & charge kit €20
    Wireless controller €46.49
    Call of Duty 3 €28
    Rainbow 6 vegas €28
    Prey €16

=€138.50 + console €199 = €337.50 Sound a lot better than €400 to me.

Your face after me just saving you €63, Priceless!
    Have fun

Yeah but then you dont have a ps2 anymore! And the games have to have a value of 20E each!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Just to chip in, I was in the UK yesterday sniffing around for XBox bargains. The premium set that Xtravision are selling was £269 (basically €400) at the cheapest high street outlet. So it really is a great price in Xtravision. I shall be getting it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Stephen! wrote:
    Yeah but then you dont have a ps2 anymore! And the games have to have a value of 20E each!

I still have a PS2 and the games dont have to have a value of €20 each, they have to have a compiled value of €20 between the six of them.

:O

Compiled value of 20E???

Thats a really good offer! I thoguht it was 20E per game

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

I'd hold off on that, there's a redesigned and quieter one due cos of the now offical 1 in 3 failure rate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

estariol wrote:
    I'd hold off on that, there's a redesigned and quieter one due cos of the now offical 1 in 3 failure rate!

If you mean the one with the 65nm core, that has nothing to do with the failure rate and all to do with cost efficiencies.
    If you mean the Elite, it is out next month, was not re-designed and was also not launched due to the failure rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

mcgovern wrote:
    If you mean the one with the 65nm core, that has nothing to do with the failure rate and all to do with cost efficiencies.
    QUOTE]

Most commentators agree that the conversion to 65nm, with the reduction in heat that brings, will sort out most of the hardware failures and that MS's claims to have 'sorted out the 360's problems on an engineering level' refer to the future 65nm version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Check out both Xtravision and Smyths to see which bundle fits you best. IIRC one of Smyths' Xbox 360 bundles lets you choose one of the games that makes up the bundle.

August 24th for the Elite - if you can wait. I'm guessing that there may be price/bundle adjustments for the Premium and Core around that time as well - though nothing official has been announced AKAIK.

Harvey Normans weren't able to match the Xtravision deal last time I was out there. I think they did have a Core bundle at a decent price but it's still only a Core console. :D

Thanks all,

And yes maybe I will neet up with her (sony) for coffees now and then after I'm settled in with the new bird (xbox360)

I have to stop using this lame metaphor ;)

Ok so wait for Elite or buy tomorrow - and yes I mean tomorrow....mmmmm gears of war????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I'd wait for the elite personally, gears of war is good but being totally honest Resident Evil 4 was way better and that was a gamecube game.

If you get a 360 tomorrow, make sure you get rainbow 6 vegas, best shooter on the system by far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'd wait for the elite personally, gears of war is good but being totally honest Resident Evil 4 was way better and that was a gamecube game.

If you get a 360 tomorrow, make sure you get rainbow 6 vegas, best shooter on the system by far
    You can hardly compare Resi4 to GoW... Resi4 was obviously a huge influence, but it's still a damn fine game in its own right.

R6 vegas arrived from play.com yesterday, tempted to get stuck into that now... It's still damn cheap as well

Advertisement