Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty Listening.

Options
  • 13-07-2007 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

I'm doing up a playlist for my laptop for those nights where I'm giving a lucky lady, generally my girlfriend, the night of her life. So far my list comprises:

1. Loving You / Minnie Ripperton
    2. How Does It Feel? / D'Angelo
    3. Beautiful / Pharrel Williams & Snoop Dogg
    4. That "J'Taime " song that was banned.
    5. Sexual Healing / Marvin Gaye
    6. Erotica / Madonna
    7. Let's Get It On / Marvin Gaye
    8. Beautiful / Al Green

That's it so far, but obviously that'll only run for a half an hour or so. I need many, many more songs.

Any suggestions? Have you a favourite getting-it-on song? No track is too cheesy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Randomswinger

You should add Hard F*$^king by Tenacious D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

You should add Hard F*$^king by Tenacious D

Thank you for your input, Swinger. I tried looking it up but I got "F**k Her Gently" by Tenacious D instead. Something tells me the hard version is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

This whole situation is making me giggle. Just do what everyone else does and get a vaguely-stained CDR from a mate with "SEX MIX" written on in crayon.

Jesus, how did I forget Prince's "Sexy Motherf**k*r"? Or his song "Orgasm"? It's basically just the P-Man abusing his guitar as some chick moans in ecstasy in the not-so-background.

Prince has a good few suitable songs, now that I think of it.

A Tear For Eddie - Ween

It doesn't have suggestive lyrics, or any lyrics in fact. Just a sexy guitar hook.

Although you're getting advice from a guy who was happy with Joy Division playing in the background

• Advertisement

Tchocky wrote:
    This whole situation is making me giggle. Just do what everyone else does and get a vaguely-stained CDR from a mate with "SEX MIX" written on in crayon.

Nah, it's gotta be personalised. I can't imagine any of my friends are disturbed enough to have their own homespun sex-playlist anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Put something from Dirty DANCING on it and you'll do well!

Lola123 wrote:
    Put something from Dirty DANCING on it and you'll do well!

I feel impotency coming on already. The STATE of the girl in that film! Was her name actually "Baby"?

Tchocky wrote:
    A Tear For Eddie - Ween

It doesn't have suggestive lyrics, or any lyrics in fact. Just a sexy guitar hook.

Although you're getting advice from a guy who was happy with Joy Division playing in the background

I checked out that track (a live version). It's very good alright.

Who in blazes are Joy Division?

Ah, don't bother if you mean to get busy :P

The advantage of making this kind of playlist is that if you end up requiring it, you won't care so very much about what you're listening to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Jungle Fever from Boogie Nights Soundtrack

Tchocky wrote:
    Ah, don't bother if you mean to get busy :P

The advantage of making this kind of playlist is that if you end up requiring it, you won't care so very much about what you're listening to.

But I do care! It's important, just like the lighting and the temperature are. Too cold and you're confined to beneath the covers, too bright and ladies can get shy.

Back in the glory days when I was single, I had a red-bulbed lamp on my bedside locker that sprung into action whenever I got lucky. In one way, the ruby hue emanating from my room was kind of sleazy (especially in the presence of my then G-Funk-heavy music collection), but it WAS very flattering for everyone and nobody ever asked me to turn it off.

Ahh, the memories.

Tell me about it

When i lived in the States, my room had no main bulb, but the ceiling was covered in Christmas Tree lights. Worked a treat :)

Tchocky wrote:
    Tell me about it

When i lived in the States, my room had no main bulb, but the ceiling was covered in Christmas Tree lights. Worked a treat :)

I still have Christmas lights but they're not so appropriate during the long, hot Irish summer.

Problem is, they're a well-documented fire hazard. But, for me anyway, my room is already an area for pyrotechnics so the risk of being sizzled is already high.

JæK&#230 wrote:
    Jungle Fever from Boogie Nights Soundtrack

This song is the bomb! It's on the list. Grazie.

I'm probably going to cause my own death in a far more interesting manner, anyway.

Um, can't knock Kylie for this kind of operation

Ween - Booze Me Up & Get me High

seriously, Ween - Voodoo Lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Ben Harper's Sexual Healing is good too.

JæK&#230 wrote:
    Ben Harper's Sexual Healing is good too.

Marvin can't be touched on this one, surely??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

cheesydb8.jpg

I thought there'd be more suggestions. Looks like the denizens of Ireland are making sweet love to a background of deafening silence :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

rediguana wrote:
    Who in blazes are Joy Division?

I actually have no words to express my dismay...

lordgoat wrote:
    I actually have no words to express my dismay...

I'm 27 - should I know these "Joy Division" bums? What kind of musical instruments do they play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What I love about this is imagining the look on some woman's face when you get her back to your place and switch on the sleazo-mix :D
    rediguana wrote:
    I'm 27 - should I know these "Joy Division" bums? What kind of musical instruments do they play?

They were a big disco crossover band in the 70's. High pitched voices, harmonies and poignant yet lewd lyrics. A wonderful, uplifting, shagging soundtrack IMO.

I'm 27 and i can't remember a time i didn't know who Joy Division were. They're up there with Pixies, The Smiths, The Cure, Gram Parsons, the Velvet Underground, Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits etc.

Yes, I've heard of The Cure, and The Smiths. The rest I'm only dimly aware of. It should be apparent by now that I'm not a music connoisseur. Back in the day, I liked Iron Maiden and Metallica (etc). Since I turned 20, it's mostly rap, R'n'B, classical, jazz. I hate the seventies and don't get me started on the sixties. Modern is good, if it happened before I can remember it, I'm not interested. The Beatles suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

In all honesty, would any of ye play the songs ye suggested if you're trying to create a nice relaxed atmosphere in the bedroom?
    It has **** all to do with the lyrics or name of the song, I prefer something like Eagle Eye Cherry's Desireless, something that's chilled out, it can play in the background, it's great to tune in and out to post coitus, but it's not strident enough to interrupt you or put you off your stride, so to speak. Try to find something like that for you.

but then you'll get ones like Sexual healing that win, just cos of his glorious voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

rediguana wrote:
    I thought there'd be more suggestions. Looks like the denizens of Ireland are making sweet love to a background of deafening silence :(

No, we just listen to decent music!

Lol the sleazy kind of ideas you have would just make me laugh when it comes to bed-time IMO.. I prefer to just listen to music I actually like.. examples: mogwai for relaxed, the distillers for energetic :)

Wet-Paint / KarmaBass, thanks.

I understand your points. Just to clarify, I have a live-in girlfriend of 5+ years. Our room is already ultra-relaxed. We don't need Kinobe's "Slip Into Something More Comfortable" to put us at our ease. We (both of us) want music-to-XXXX-to.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

at a medium pace by Adam Sandler, chicks dig it!

• Advertisement

at a medium pace by Adam Sandler, chicks dig it!

This sounds perfect for red.

Advertisement