Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Arts Festival, Any good?

Options
  • 13-07-2007 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭

Seen the ads for the Galway arts festival coming up, and seeing as I have two weeks off at that time, I was thinking about going over to the west for a gander at this whole cultural malarky. Thing is though, I've no idea what to expect. Is this arts as in paintings and theatre, or is there music and lots of other things too?

Dont want to drive a long way to find a couple of conceptual mimes in the middle of Ayre Square. If anyones been before, I'l love to hear what ye thought of it!

Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Judge for yourself, it's supposed to be the best in the country.

www.galwayartsfestival.com

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I always enjoy the street performances but rarely pay in for the theatres or concerts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Unreal street performers, gotta be seen to be believed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The street stuff during the day is all I normally see. Moving Hearts is nearly sold out so _if you can_ get the tickets right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Archeron wrote:
    ......Ayre Square.

...ahem..sorry, I just need to point out..it's Eyre Square

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Unreal street performers, gotta be seen to be believed

That good?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

A very good street buzz in terms of performers and also the quality of busker that comes along during the festival ....unless its pissing rain .

Advertisement