Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on growing hair long

• 13-07-2007 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

I just got a 2 cut all round, cut the fringe as well but over the autumn and winter I want to grow my hair long. I have relativly thin brown hair and I want to do this while I still have hair, im guessing im going to go bald because the men on both sides of the family are, maybe I wont.. I dont know.

I want to go for a indie kind of look. So advice please? Do I just let my hair grow long for months without getting any trims or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

You sound like me man. my hair was about 2-3 inches long all round but I couldnt stick the heat in the summer so I got a 2 all round. Plan was to grow it back again for the winter. ;)

My advice would be don't touch it and let it grow, and if you want it long in the winter start now! I got a 2 two weeks ago and my hair still looks the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

make sure to get the odd trim

*looks at own hair*

Yeah, make sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

thanks.. i dont plan to get it cut from now on.. thats why I got the 2 ( in hope the weather would pick up too )..

when you say trim, what exactly should be trimmed ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

when getting it trimmed just get them to thin it out but keep the length.

they'll use a thinning scissors which when they use it looks like they are absolutely butchering your hair but it only thins it.

this can also be done with a cut throat razor which is very skilful to be done properly, and it's quite an odd experience getting it done.

also keep it washed. Might sound like a silly thing to say but you should start taking good care of it now, after all its going to be on your head for a while if your growing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Remember the first time I saw thinning scissors. Took years off my life :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

get it layered after about 9 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Meh, just leave it alone and bear the bad hair for a few months tbh. Maintenance cuts slow down the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Just let it grow, don't touch it.

It'll get to a length where it'll wreck your head* as in you wont know what to do with it but if you want long hair this is where you have to presist and resist cutting it.

*no pun intended :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

It'll get to a length where it'll wreck your head* as in you wont know what to do with it but if you want long hair this is where you have to presist and resist cutting it.

*no pun intended :p

had this stage myself.. just maintain it well..

its worth it.. hair now 3 inches long.. get it cut every 2-3 wks or so.. love it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Go into boots and buy thier nail and hair suplement which has protiens for your hair.
    Go into a health shop and get kelp extract, this gives your metalbolism a boost.

Brush your hair at least 3 times a day.
    Not comb brush it and make sure you do before you sleep as it stimulates the blood flow in the hair which will help with growth.

Advertisement