Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pats v Spurs - what an eye-opener

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Ah, the recurring theme of 'whats wrong with the LOI' ....
    I lived near Wycombe Wanderers for a few years and they were masters at this, kid a quid days where an adult could take up to four kids with them for a quid each, players visiting schools giving out free tickets, so the kids were pretty much dragging their Dads along. Family fun days, they even sold kids season tickets in the family section for about £25 per season, less than the price it costs to get into a premiership game. It is now trendy for Wycombe kids to support Wanderers and not Chelsea or Arsenal, the main premiership competition.

It can be done if the will is there, but it starts by attracting families and using the principle that the Chairman f Doncaster used, it is better to have 10,000 people paying £5 than it is to have 5,000 people paying £10

I agree with this. Better to have the grounds fuller, a lot fuller than the 'less than 1,000' current situation. The only way to do that is to reduce prices and promote heavily, very heavily, even agressively, towards kids, teenagers too, anybody in fact. If I was a club commercial director, I would let kids go to matches for free and sell them sweets and food and things, chips and burgers, etc. McDonalds seem to do well with that clown so there is money in it. The clubs need to go to several under-age football clubs in a wide area and pass out on a regular basis many free or cheap special tickets for the next match, such as 1 euro tickets. Marketing and Promotion will get more crowds coming in and could create a positive cycle. When the ground is full, then and only then think about putting prices up to eur 10/5.

I also agree with a lot of what Babybing wrote ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/DSC00326.JPG

4 hours from flat piece of concrete to that :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

KdjaCL wrote:

4 hours from flat piece of concrete to that :D
    kdjac
    It could do with one of these. http://www.pompeydon.co.uk/2.jpgThe away end at Fratton Park will have a roof for the first time next season. Now we no longer have to play Southampton every year, it is not as much fun seeing the away fans get a soaking.:D

No idea whats gonna happen, we need PP to get the full steel structure had it before but couldnt afford the stand in the end.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Thought the place looked great last night.The pitch was in superb condition and the temp stand was brilliant. Good atmosphere as well.

I have heard Pats have some plans for the stadium, any idea what exactly they are planning to do kdjaCL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Babybing wrote:
    I have heard Pats have some plans for the stadium, any idea what exactly they are planning to do kdjaCL?
    Hopefully tear the derelict hovel down.

I hate that ground so much. I hating eating my knees when I sit down at half time.

Bloody great Press Box though, best in the league.

Babybing wrote:
    Thought the place looked great last night.The pitch was in superb condition and the temp stand was brilliant. Good atmosphere as well.

Last night was Pats fans anyone who was there should know what its like to be in Richmond for a proper game, the atmosphere was amazing and the away fans were treated with respect. http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCI41RKVw4 After the game with the OB fans i was drinking with from 3pm :D

The full plan is a 15k all seater stadium with the Camac being piped and a stand being built there, the full plan is still in development with Dublin City Council who are very happy with the plans and have some stipluations, our owner owns most of the houses on the front of the ground and the park and the factories behind the ground.

There will be a shopping centre and a gym for the locals to use and other amenities the permission to rezone was granted last year so most of the surrounding area has been already been rezoned as recereational rather than housing. As DCC are involved it means that there shouldnt be any PP issues as we have the cash to build.

kdjac

seansouth wrote:
    Hopefully tear the derelict hovel down.

I hate that ground so much. I hating eating my knees when I sit down at half time.

Bloody great Press Box though, best in the league.

awww jealous? obsessed? bitter? :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

It could do with one of these. http://www.pompeydon.co.uk/2.jpgThe away end at Fratton Park will have a roof for the first time next season. Now we no longer have to play Southampton every year, it is not as much fun seeing the away fans get a soaking.:D

I hear ya, the one thing I miss about winter football is Rovers fans stuck on the connaught st end on a cold wet friday night.

http://www.metalliform.co.uk/pics/15.jpg

bohsman wrote:
    I hear ya, the one thing I miss about winter football is Rovers fans stuck on the connaught st end on a cold wet friday night.

http://www.metalliform.co.uk/pics/15.jpg

yes because summer football and 6 or 7 weeks of continous rain is so much better :D

kdjac

• Advertisement

Jealous? Meh, our ground is better than yours.

Obsessed - harldy, I'm not the one who was sending anonymous texts to Shels fans yesterday.

Bitter - hmm, look a bit closer to home.

I bleedin' hate the Connaught. Hate it.

seansouth wrote:
    Jealous? Meh, our ground is better than yours.

Obsessed - harldy, I'm not the one who was sending anonymous texts to Shels fans yesterday.

Bitter - hmm, look a bit closer to home.

Your dont have a ground Ossie does.

You didnt save my number :(

Not so bitter anymore football has a way of fixing things and well in your case it fixed it real good. Lucky you cant get relegated this season arent you :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

KdjaCL wrote:
    Last night was Pats fans anyone who was there should know what its like to be in Richmond for a proper game, the atmosphere was amazing and the away fans were treated with respect.

No chants of "you can stick you're Danish football up your arse" or "you can stick your Royal family up your arse" so?

"Small club from Odense" would have been funny...

No chants of "you can stick you're Danish football up your arse" or "you can stick your Royal family up your arse" so?

"Small club from Odense" would have been funny...

"Small club from Denmark" And "theres only peter schmeichel "

http://homepage.eircom.net/%7Ekdjac/DSC00322.JPG

http://homepage.eircom.net/%7Ekdjac/DSC00321.JPG

Fookin uncanny the guy must be his twin.

They gto respect and were treated well possibly because their fans had to cross borders to get to Richmond. The Pscyho crew travelled by minibus to get to the game about 20 of them, the ones in the above pics used planes.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Your dont have a ground Ossie does.
    It's still nicer than Richer.
    KdjaCL wrote:
    You didnt save my number :(
    Oh, it was you then?:p
    KdjaCL wrote:
    Not so bitter anymore football has a way of fixing things and well in your case it fixed it real good. Lucky you cant get relegated this season arent you :D
    Yep we are. But we'll still be back in the Champions League before your lot win a FAI Cup.

seansouth wrote:
    It's still nicer than Richer.

Oh, it was you then?:p

Yep we are. But we'll still be back in the Champions League before your lot win a FAI Cup.

Homeless hoo...shels. Tolka is falling down, floodlights the stand is unsafe, you wouldnt know tho playing in Whitehall or somewhere in the pheno.

We will never win the cup as long as i live but nights like last night making not winning it all the more special.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:

They gto respect and were treated well possibly because their fans had to cross borders to get to Richmond.

Ooh hark at her!

Inchicore should have its own border control, I'd certainly quarantine anyone looking to exit.

Will the new community amenities include a needle exchange? Or is it only coke addicts you'll be catering for?

;)

Ooh hark at her!

Inchicore should have its own border control, I'd certainly quarantine anyone looking to exit.

Will the new community amenities include a needle exchange? Or is it only coke addicts you'll be catering for?

;)

The chemist is closing soon, so once that goes the methadone shop is gone, dunno what other fans will call us then. Richies? Moneybags? Champions??

kdjac

• Advertisement

You hear any tales of a runty looking fella singing "No Surrender" in a boozer near the ground last Thursday night? Not sure which one, unfortunately he's known to us. A little simple, possibly got some sort of a disorder, was with another fella I know. Pissed off his face, luckily everyone around copped he wasn't right.

You hear any tales of a runty looking fella singing "No Surrender" in a boozer near the ground last Thursday night? Not sure which one, unfortunately he's known to us. A little simple, possibly got some sort of a disorder, was with another fella I know. Pissed off his face, luckily everyone around copped he wasn't right.

That was you wasnt it :D

Wasnt there tbh need to sve my cash for our 1 game in europe.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    That was you wasnt it :D

Nah, I was smashing up a pub in Temple Bar with the main firm.

"Paddy cnuts etc etc"

:D;);):p

We dead in Odense last night the 2 main Odense Casuals Team leaders were there, they said they would do all they could to protect us but the area beside our base of operations was a nasty place. And theyr eckoned we gonna get battered if we are as loud as we were last night.

So just like going to a rovers game really :)

kdjac

You in Denmark already?

seansouth wrote:
    You in Denmark already?

Nope its in 2 weeks, but i have been there 4 times in the last year :)

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

the 15 knackers in the corner calling the spurs keeper a rapist were a disgrace, a pats player apologised to him.

smuckers wrote:
    the 15 knackers in the corner calling the spurs keeper a rapist were a disgrace, a pats player apologised to him.

Macek said "hi" as hes Czech and so is your keeper but if saying sorry makes you feel better go for it.

kdjac

Advertisement