Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More suggestions with another mix

Options
  • 13-07-2007 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

So the songs I'm recording at the moment are for submission to CMJ. They don't need to be the best quality, but I'd like to get them to as high a standard as possible. Last time I posted up for help here I got some good advice that I took and it helped the sound a lot. So more of the same please!!

This song is called Smooth. I'm just looking for some suugestions/criticism on it. Again i ran it through Vintage Warmer and set the master limiter at about -6. I left the toms ungated to get a bit of spill and some nice boominess. The vocals are double tracked and panned left and right, a la the Beatles. The guitar is a nylon string, so I double tracked that, but the second one is running through an Orange amp to add a little dirt and some tubey goodness.

Basically just want a few different opinions as at this stage, again, I can't really trust my own ears anymore.

It's the first song on the page - Smooth

http://www.box.net/p/pinksoir50787

cheers,
    Karl.

Advertisement