Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine Capacity 990????

Options
  • 13-07-2007 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Buying a car. Did a cartell check. Engine capacity is down as 990. Maybe I'm a bit blonde but surely it should say 1800 since it is a 1.8 litre engine? Also it is registered as being pink but it is grey and it says there are no colour changes. Is this going to be a problem???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Hmmm... You sure you put in the reg/VIN right? Sounds like a different car...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

bit weird alright. Says car was first registered in ireland in Sep 2006 and was nct'd in December 2006 but nct is up in June 2007?????!!!!! Was imported by a Garda - so not being too naive - but surely it would be a lot of hassle to convert a pink celica 990 into a silver celice 1.8 vvtl-i. I've seen the engine and it is a 1.8 vvtl-i.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭maidhc

Sounds like a yaris to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What does the VLC say? Cartell is not infallible, it has my Lancia down as a Land Rover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

what is the vlc??? Just rang the guy and he says maybe he gave me the wrong reg and he will check it tonight. I'm supposed to be paying for it tomorrow morning and am now a bit freaked out by it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

There's definitely a mistake and that wouldn't surprise me with Cartell, tbh.

VLC is the Vehicle License Certificate - it contains specific details about your car including chassis number, engine capacity (size), weight, etc. Whoever is selling the car should have this document. Ask to see it.

Advertisement